Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 123 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1329

Thanks for replies

Thanks for replies, and for the one on slim forums.
    Unfortunately have tried both 7.7.6 and 7.7.9 (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly) to no avail.
    Back to the drawing board.
    All the Best.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    We are now back in the 'waiting for review' state,
    FINALLY, we have reached the state "Ready for Sale". Might take one or two more hours until the update is rolled out to all App-Store sites, but the update should be available then.

Thanks a lot for all of your patience!
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

FINALLY, we have reached the state "Ready for Sale". Might take one or two more hours until the update is rolled out to all App-Store sites, but the update should be available then.

Thanks a lot for all of your patience!
    Hi Stefan:

Thank you for fixing the problem with the contextual menus. One minor issue seems to remain: the 'replay' and 'shuffle' contextual menus used to be 3-line tall. Now they are as tall as the page. Functionally, they work fine, but aesthetically, they looked better when they were shorter.

Regards,

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

Quote Originally Posted by guidof View Post
    Hi Stefan:

Thank you for fixing the problem with the contextual menus. One minor issue seems to remain: the 'replay' and 'shuffle' contextual menus used to be 3-line tall. Now they are as tall as the page. Functionally, they work fine, but aesthetically, they looked better when they were shorter.

Regards,

Guido F.
    Hi Guido,

thanks for pointing out this issue!
    I have fixed it in the meantime in a local build (along with a problem regarding orientation changes in fullscreen mode).
    Will upload the new version to Apple on the weekend - then its again 7 days for review I guess ...
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

One small thing with the latest version. It's slow to update the displayed artwork if I move from music sources, from Spotify to my music for example.

Icons in My Music

I've been looking to clean up the menus entries on my SqueezePad, and noticed some of the entries under the "My Music" section have icons to the left of their entries.

eg. "Album Artists" has the trumpet player, "Compilations" has the 2 CD cases.

But others (eg. Genres, Albums) have no icon.

I'd like to see if it's possible to have a consistent list, so what determines if an icon is displayed in "My Music" and where do the icons come from?

(This is currently on SqueezePad V1.11.2 on iOS 9.1 with a LMS Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1447194652 on Windows 7)

Thanks.

Problems with gapless playback of FLACs (SP v1.11.3, iOS 9.3, LMS v7.7.2 + 7.9)

Hi,

Just lately I'm noticing a very slight jump/glitch between tracks while replaying them through my iPad using Squeezepad and it's internal "player".

I've tested against various versions of the LMS software and have also confirmed this doesn't happen with while replaying via my Nexus (using your Squeeze Play app).

Therefore I've isolated it to the iPad specifically.

I think this may have started happening with iOS 9.x

It's really annoying as I listen to lots of DJ mixes where you have frequent (hopefully) smooth transitions between tracks.

Can anyone a) also very this and b) provide a fix?

It's making an essential app really frustrating for me.

Many thanks...

Just to confirm, I've bought and installed the latest version of iPeng Classic (v1.14.17) and it handles gapless transitions perfectly, so I think it's actually a bug with Squeezepad as opposed to something in iOS9
    Last edited by PugRallye; 2016-01-24 at 13:19.

What file format?

iPeng and SqueezePad handle audio playback a bit different (i.e. using different APIs) , so you cannot conclude from a difference if it's caused by iOS or the App.

SqueezePad hands over streams to a higher level API, and in case of mp3 the decoding and gapless playback is handled by iOS (as long as mp3 are of the same type). iPeng (as far as I know) first decodes everything to PCM via iOS decoders first and then hands it over to a low level iOS playback API.

For FLAC SqueezePad first decodes on its own as well, so iOS only sees one endless stream.

So it all boils down to the initial question: what file format (and do you embed images in your files).

Kind regards
    Stefan

What file format?

iPeng and SqueezePad handle audio playback a bit different (i.e. using different APIs) , so you cannot conclude from a difference if it's caused by iOS or the App.

SqueezePad hands over streams to a higher level API, and in case of mp3 the decoding and gapless playback is handled by iOS (as long as mp3 are of the same type). iPeng (as far as I know) first decodes everything to PCM via iOS decoders first and then hands it over to a low level iOS playback API.

For FLAC SqueezePad first decodes on its own as well, so iOS only sees one endless stream.

So it all boils down to the initial question: what file format (and do you embed images in your files).

Kind regards
    Stefan
    Thanks for the quick reply Stefan,

These are all FLAC, with album art embedded in the file.

When I say it's the app, as a customer, that is what the problem is. It's not something I should need to consider how the app works - all I know is that Squeezepad no longer handles gapless where iPeng does.

And when I say this, I'm not being nasty, and I hope it's not taken personally.

Squeezepad has always managed gapless OK, so if it's using API x that no longer appears to work, maybe it should use the same API that iPeng does? In this respect, it may be the underlying OS that's causing the issue, but to me, the customer, I shouldn't have to know, worry, or care about that...
    Last edited by PugRallye; 2016-01-25 at 08:47.

Do you have a possibility to upload two affected FLACs somewhere, so I can test them?

If you want to test on your own, I'd be interested if:
    - you also have problems with other FLAC files ripped or purchased on a different date
    - removing the embedded image makes a difference.

Kind regards
    Stefan