Announcing SqueezePad - the first dedicated iPad App to controll your SqueezeBoxen !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhallag
    • Jun 2009

ios14 just killed Squeezepad

So anyone else having issues with ios14?
    LMS 8.2 on QNAP Ts-h1886XU-RP R2
    8 wired Touch End Points plus Transporter
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Comment

• Man in a van
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by dhallag
      So anyone else having issues with ios14?
      No

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.1 - 1606118512 @ Mon Nov 23 09:55:13 CET 2020
      Hostname: LMS
      Server IP Address: 192.168.1.119
      Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
      Operating system: piCore - EN - utf8
      Platform Architecture: armv8l-linux
      Perl Version: 5.28.2 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
      Audio::Scan: 1.02
      IO::Socket::SSL: 2.066
      Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
      Total Players Recognized: 3
      iOS14.2

Click image for larger version

Name:	squeezepad iOS14.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1570430

ronnie

Comment

• dhallag
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Man in a van
        No

iOS14.2

[ATTACH]32311[/ATTACH]

ronnie
        Hmmmm.... I have no idea even where to start troubleshooting this....
        Jolida Tube DAC III

Comment

• Man in a van
          • Jan 2011

Hmmmm.... I have no idea even where to start troubleshooting this....
          Well, start by describing the "issue"

Not that I'll be any use , sorry

ronnie
          Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-11-26, 07:10.

Comment

• garym
            • May 2008

just confirming that I'm running 14.2 and have no issues with Squeezepad.
            Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
            Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
            Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
            The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
            Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
            Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Arcuza
              • Mar 2019

Try Material Skin

Material Skin is a plug-in that gives you a web interface working perfectly on both computer and mobile.

It’s actually better than iPeng I bought for $10.

Use Safari on iPad, browse to web interface, select Add to home screen and you’ll have a free app that works just perfectly!

Comment

• dhallag
                • Jun 2009

iOS14.2 local access default

So it turns out that iOS14.2 has a new setting for many apps called “local access.” This was not on and when it isn’t on, the app can’t access the local network. So there you go....
                Jolida Tube DAC III

Comment

• pippin
                  • Oct 2007

So it turns out that iOS14.2 has a new setting for many apps called “local access.” This was not on and when it isn’t on, the app can’t access the local network. So there you go....
                  iOS 14 will have asked you whether you want to grant SqueezePad access to your local network the first time you used it. If that setting is "off", you answered "no".
                  ---
                  learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
                  Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
                  at penguinlovesmusic.com
                  New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• mandryka
                    • Feb 2012

Squeezepad on iPad with Qobuz app does not show length of track, how much music left to play etc. No problem with iPeng.

Comment

• wildgoose
                      • Jan 2009

SqueezePad Suggestions

Been happily using SqueezePad for quite a few years now. I sincerely hope this is not abandoned.

Here are some app feedbacks, I hope it’s not too late.

P0: none, this is an extremely intuitive, well designed app, and no learning curve if you are familiar with Squeezebox/LMS. I enjoy using this a lot!

P1: unnecessary volume adjustments during pause/resume when playing back on ipad.

When using the ipad itself as playback device, SqueezePad goes through this routine of lowering the volume to 0 on pause, and tries to restore it on playback. This is not necessary. Pause/resume should be a simple toggle with no change to volume. This is how most music apps works, and generally what people expect.

The issue is the volume restore during resume doesn’t work most of the time, and I have to manually increase the volume to what it was before. This lessens the enjoyment of using the app.

P1: keep current device (aka last device in use) when app is opened again.

When I open SqueezePad again after a period of inactivity, it first shows the last device that was active (for example, the iPad player), this is good! But, within a few seconds, it refreshes the devices list from LMS, and changes the device to the first one in that list (ie, not the last device anymore). To continue operating on my last device, I have to explicitly select the device again.

It would be better if after getting the new device list from LMS, it doesn’t select the first one, but re-select the current/last device in use.

P1: close playlist view when tapping on other part of the screen.

When the playlist side window is open (by tapping the tab on the right edge of the screen), you can interface with the playlist, great! But, if you tap anywhere else not in the playlist pane, the underlying page gets the tap, and changes to full screen view (and hiding the playlist). One has to tape the home button at the top edge to return back to previous page.

This is not optimal. It would be very natural to tap somewhere else on the screen to close the playlist pane. The current behavior also means, the only way to close the playlist view is by tapping the small playlist tab again. This again lessens the enjoyment of using the app.

I think all of these are pretty simple changes, for the author. Anyone know if he is still active on this forum?

Comment

• NoRoDa
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by bluegaspode
                        You need to go to mysqueezebox.com, then login, then go to the music services.
                        For every music service you can configure per player whether it should appear on the main menu.

You might need to restart SqueezePad afterwards and also clear its cache in the settings menu, for the changes to take place.

Cheers
                        Stefan
                        Perfect, thank you.

Regards
                        RoDa
                        SBT | Teddy Pardo TTouch | Rega DAC | Cayin CS-100A | Dynaudio Confidence C1 Platinum |

Comment

• jotap_66
                          • Jun 2006

I am using the “Browse on Spotify” (spotty plug-in) feature. This feature integrates Spotify and local libraries in LMS 8. It works very very well.

I have a problem that I would like you to help me to solve. I have been using LMS from my iPad with iPeng for several years. The problem is that iPeng is not compatible with “Browse on Spotify”. I talked with the author (pippin) and he told me the problem was not easy to solve and he had to do some important changes. I also use LMS from my Mac and Squeezeplay and “Browse on Spotify” works OK.

My question:

Do you know if other programs for iPad as Squeezepad work with “Browse on Spotify” feature?

Regards

Edit: By the way, Stefan, the developer, offered to me to buy it and if does not work make a refund. I bought it and it works ok

JP
                          Last edited by jotap_66; 2021-07-29, 07:05.

Comment

• levanasur
                            • Sep 2022

Viewing large images through Michael's Picture Gallery plugin doesn't seem to work, it's just sitting there and trying to load the image for ever. The thumbnails in the parent menu did work. tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours
                            Last edited by levanasur; 2022-09-12, 09:05.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by levanasur
                              Viewing large images through Michael's Picture Gallery plugin doesn't seem to work, it's just sitting there and trying to load the image for ever. The thumbnails in the parent menu did work.
                              Where did you find the Picture Gallery plugin? I don't see it in the plugin list.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                              Bedroom: Radio
                              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• slartibartfast
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mherger
                                > Where did you find the Picture Gallery plugin? I don't see it in the
                                > plugin list.

I retired it.
                                That's what I thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                                Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                                Bedroom: Radio
                                Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Working...