Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Crossfade doesn't work

I want to set my squeezeboxes to play non-stop music with no gaps for a party. I have Boom, 2 Receivers and 3 radios which I will be playing synchronised. I select "Crossfade" in Audio settings, but nothing changes; there are still exactly the same gaps between the songs on playback.
    What I want to achieve is seamless playback where the next song fades up across the ending of the old song with no quiet in between.
    Crossfade just seems to have a toggle on/off setting but it makes no difference on either setting - it still leaves gaps.
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoyle View Post
    I want to set my squeezeboxes to play non-stop music with no gaps for a party. I have Boom, 2 Receivers and 3 radios which I will be playing synchronised. I select "Crossfade" in Audio settings, but nothing changes; there are still exactly the same gaps between the songs on playback.
    What I want to achieve is seamless playback where the next song fades up across the ending of the old song with no quiet in between.
    Crossfade just seems to have a toggle on/off setting but it makes no difference on either setting - it still leaves gaps.
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks!

Set up crossfade in SBS...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Phil, thanks, that's done the job. I turned off smart crossfade to prevent it from inserting gaps between tracks on the same album, and set the fade time to 7 seconds, so the music never stops pumping in "party mode" now!
    I appreciate your help.

Just to be clear, SBS does not insert gaps between tracks. In fact it supports gapless playback if the rips are correct. Granted, sometimes the fade-outs on some tracks can be so quiet that it sounds like a gap, so maybe that's what you're hearing. Or not hearing, as the case may be.