Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi, I've worked out how to do this via a simple batch file which you could edit yourself in a text editor. You'd need to make a list of all the Player IDs. I would need to make some minor edits to the script beforehand.

Alternatively you could set up windows shortcuts which pass the player ID to FooSQ as a command line parameter (I need to edit the script first though).
    Last edited by stuffedspacedog; 2010-06-15 at 08:02.

Does anyone have any success to report yet?

New Binary

Hello, I've updated the FooSQ binary for greater stability with thanks to Marae on HydrogenAudio (who wrote the script before I adapted it). The details on how to use Foobar2000 to control your Logitech device remain the same, go to:

http://www.at-sea.com/FooSQ.html

Wow, I guess next time people show some interest here I shouldn't waste my time setting up a web page with full instructions and screenshots.

Question about foobar scripting... Is that generally how scripting is done in foobar, by simulating mouse and keyboard actions using AutoIt? I always thought there was a much more powerful underlying scripting language in foobar itself.

@stuffedspacedog

Oh no, your effort is very much appreciated. And having its own page is the right choice.

thank you very much
    Last edited by Nando1970; 2010-07-17 at 22:42.
    LMS 7.8 on Windows 10 NUC6i5SYH serving:
    * Touch - Geek Pulse DAC - Sennheiser HD650 / Emotiva Airmotiv 4
    * Duet - Yamaha RX-V381 - Chario Syntar 200
    * 4 Booms: Bathroom1, Bathroom2, Bedroom, Kitchen
    * 1 Radio: Girls' Room

* Android NEXBOX A1 S912 - Yamaha RX-V381 - Chario Syntar 200
    * 3 smartphone Squeeze + Squeezeplayer
    * Nexus10 tablet Squeeze + Squeezeplayer

Although I've not looked at this since the thing was first shared and did not work for me I've been meaning to come back to it, so your web page will very useful when I do. So thanks a lot in advance, you effort will be appreciated (by me at least).

MC
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

OK, good to know that there's interest, sorry if it didn't initially work for you. I've updated the binary again for greater stability and to incorporate some clever work done by Marae over on HydrogenAudio - this should now work with ANY version of Foobar2000 (but make sure you install the right version of AMIP for your version of FB2K). It's a unicode binary, so Win XP, Vista or 7 only. I've changed the icon to a nice little FB2K one also. If anyone wants a non-unicode binary for Win 2K, 98 etc, let me know and I'll post it.

Yes there's probably a smarter and more elegant way to achieve the same result but I'm an enthusiastic amateur not a professional programmer alas!

Make sure that your CLI port in SqueezeCenter is set to 9090 by the way - this is the default setting but always worth checking. Settings > Advanced > Command Line Interface.

Check to make sure you have a file nextsong.txt on C:\, if not then AMIP is not working. Some anti-virus software are also a bit anxious about AutoIt scripts (there was an AutoIt virus at one point)... add an exception to your real time virus protection for FooSQ.exe.
    Last edited by stuffedspacedog; 2010-07-19 at 22:43.

Just ran across this thread...

Thanks stuffedspacedog!
    I want NBC's Ed on DVD/Blu-ray!

This looks interesting!, I'll give it a shot and report back.
    rip (eac) > convert (flac) > tag (musicbrainz/mp3tag) > normalize (replaygain/foobar2000) > albumart (www/firefox) > transport (winscp) > store (debian) > manage (squeezecenter) > control (ipodtouch/ipeng-app) > play (squeezebox) > preamplify (zpre2) > amplify (zampv3) > listen (axiomm2/sennheiser-hd595) > scrooble (last.fm) > enjoy (me :)

http://www.last.fm/user/pichonCalavera