Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.

6 60.00%
  • No, I don't care.

4 40.00%
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Added the <parameter ID="count">2</parameter> as suggested... still no joy.

I will capture commands from both remotes... can't do untill tomorrow afternoon but will send the results then.

Attached the xml file again so you can confirm that your last two suggestions are implemented properly (file name here is wrong).

Thanks for you help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by indifference_engine View Post
    It's certainly theoretically possible but way out of my league! It would need a SBS plugin that could display the contents of the xml file in a user-friendly way and when you selected an event it would send the details to SqueezeIR which would then send the ir. I think the changes to SqueezeIR wouldn't be too great but the plugin would need writing from scratch. I have no experience of perl (plugins are written in perl, applets are in lua) so I wouldn't know where to start unfortunately.

I might have a look at Greg's code which might allow SqueezeIR to be controlled via a web-page outside of SBS. The web-page could (hopefully) be created from the xml file using some script (possibly java)??
    Roger that! Thank you for considering how it might play out with SqueezeIR. It's perfectly understandable that this would not be an easy thing to achieve - but I'll keep my eyes open if I come across (as pearl is not my game either ) anything that might be useful in this context...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokersut View Post
    I think they should be executed after all the codes, including any pauses, have been sent - it seems the most logical.
    This will be the default behaviour in the next version of SqueezeIR but you can still have the old behaviour if you want by adding a new element to the <event>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokersut View Post
    didn't the original SqueezeIR show pop-ups on the screen when you issued commands? Is that feature still there somewhere - I think it could be useful to have a little configurable text pop up that tells you what is happening (e.g. "Powering on NAD").
    I've got popups working again!! There will be a new element inside <event> where you can set the popup text. The popup will appear when the first ir code is sent and disappear after the last one is sent or after 0.5 seconds (whichever is the longer so that popups on short events can be read).

I need to test the next version of SqueezeIR a bit more and want to see the outcome of Jayhawk's problem before I release it though.

OK... here are the IR captures by IRBlaster...
    HKremote2 is capture of the native HarmanKardon Remote
    DuetCntlr is capture of the Duet Controller with SqueezeIR
    (HKAVR240IR is the file being used by IRBlaster to send IR to the HK AVR.

Quote Originally Posted by indifference_engine View Post
    irBlaster can indeed learn codes and generates lirc files that SqueezeIR can use (using it's LIRC protocol). You copy the irBlaster-generated lirc file from your server onto the controller and reference the commands in it from the xml file. I have used it on the classic and it works fine. The learning feature may work on the boom/radio/touch as that part of the plugin only needs a receiver, not an emitter. I don't have any of those so I can't say for certain though.
    The .conf IR files generated from IRBlaster don't appear to be in the format of the lirc files I've looked at. Per your comment above, is there a way to use the IRBlaster created files for SqueezeIR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
    The .conf IR files generated from IRBlaster don't appear to be in the format of the lirc files I've looked at. Per your comment above, is there a way to use the IRBlaster created files for SqueezeIR?
    LIRC files come in two flavours, one has a 'codes' section, the other has a 'raw_codes' section. SqueezeIR can use either, they are referenced in the same way; filename & remote name in <remote><parameters> and command name in <action><command>. You could try using the learned lirc file with SqueezeIR but you may need to amend your xml file if the commands have different names.

Smile

Eureka!
    I used the attached lirc file captured by IRBlaster and all commands worked fine with the addition of <parameter ID="count">2</parameter> (doesn't work without the count parameter).

This lirc file is different than the one I posted before... the HK remote changes mode when a source is selected so I made sure it was back in AVR mode before pressing a key... I hadn't done this before (shouldn't have mattered for vid1, vid2, etc. so don't think this was the only problem).

If you are researching the reason why the original linc file download from the linc site did not work and need any additional data for the HK, let me know.

I'm all set... Thanks for being so helpful, Indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
    Thanks, Indifference.
    I still get no IR action with the AVR on any of the selections. The Vol up/down keys no longer have the popup showing the SB volume setting, so it appears that override is functional.
    I've finally worked this out but you won't like the answer!
    I originally tested your files using some debugging on Desktop SqueezePlay which interpreted the lirc file correctly. However, when I ran the same debugs on the Controller it gave different (wrong) results. In short, the Controller isn't doing what SqueezeIR is telling it to, which points to a bug in the Controller firmware rather than in SqueezeIR.

SqueezeIR converts the lirc file into something the Controller can understand by performing 'bitwise AND' operations on the command values in the lirc file against successive powers of 2. As the commands in the lirc file have 32 bits SqueezeIR must perform a bitwise AND of the command with 2^31. The Controller can calculate 2^31 properly (the answer is 2147483648) but it gives the wrong answer when performing the AND operation. Desktop SqueezePlay gives the right answer.

Obviously, the best thing would be for Logitech to fix the bug (they may already have in the upcoming v7.6). Failing that, I may be able to modify SqueezeIR to work around the Controller's bug but it could take a little time.

In the meantime, if you don't need the 'source_6/8ch' command then I can easily modify the LIRC file so that it will work with SqueezeIR.
    Last edited by indifference_engine; 2010-06-13 at 17:08.

I do not need the source 6/8 command. The commands I have learned to IRBlaster (the file I last attached) are all working from the SBC. Are you saying that the process of learning the commands from the remote to IRBlaster may also not work from the SBC for some commands (like 6/8)? Or is it just the other (downloaded) format lirc files that won't work?

SqueezeIR Support Thread

On Sun, 13 Jun, indifference_engine wrote:

> SqueezeIR converts the lirc file into something the Controller can
    > understand by performing 'bitwise AND' operations on the command
    > values in the lirc file against successive powers of 2. As the
    > commands in the lirc file have 32 bits SqueezeIR must perform a
    > bitwise AND of the command with 2^31. The Controller can calculate
    > 2^31 properly (the answer is 2147483648) but it gives the wrong
    > answer when performing the AND. Desktop SqueezePlay gives the right
    > answer.

What about always ANDing with 1 and shifting the value right
    successively?