Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.

6 60.00%
  • No, I don't care.

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokersut View Post
    I think they should be executed after all the codes, including any pauses, have been sent - it seems the most logical.
    I agree. I'll make this the default behaviour but add a setting to revert to the current behaviour.
    Speaking of pop-ups, didn't the original SqueezeIR show pop-ups on the screen when you issued commands? Is that feature still there somewhere - I think it could be useful to have a little configurable text pop up that tells you what is happening (e.g. "Powering on NAD").
    Yes, it did but I haven't been able to get popups working properly in SBS7.4+ It is still on my to-do list so I'll have another look. If I remember the popup used to appear when the first code was sent and disappear when the last code was sent, the text was user-definable.

Finally a word of warning about the playeraction "stop". I tried adding this to my power-off command, and while it seemed to work well, it somehow messed up the Squeezebox Receiver, because afterwards it wouldn't output any sound! The Controller could find the Receiver, and everything looked to be working - music was playing - but there was no sound. The only solution was to reset the Receiver.
    Weird. I take no responsibility for what the playeractions do, I just pass them straight to the controller. I'll have a look through the logs though and see if there's an easy fix. I'm sure the controller itself uses playeraction stop so it must be possible to use it in SqueezeIR.

I'm finally approaching perfection with my setup. I now can control the amp, the subwoofer and of course the Touch with my Controller and your excellent SqueezeIR applet.

There's now just one thing left, I'm wondering about (perhaps again some misconfiguration on my part):

When using the "Sub Vol Up", "Sub Vol Down", "Sub Freq Up" or "Sub Freq Down" menu items, just every second menu press gets through to the subwoofer. When holding the menu items, the action is performed repeatedly.

The LIRC file for the subwoofer is http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/nubert/AW-800 and the SqueezeIR.xml file is attached. Is there some obvious mistake I've made?

Quote Originally Posted by sbellon View Post
    When using the "Sub Vol Up", "Sub Vol Down", "Sub Freq Up" or "Sub Freq Down" menu items, just every second menu press gets through to the subwoofer. When holding the menu items, the action is performed repeatedly.
    Your xml looks fine. This sort of problem is most likely due to the LIRC file not being quite right. Some ir protocols have a toggle that changes the code that is sent on each press of the remote, some devices don't care about this subtelty of the protocol's specification whilst other do. I can only assume that the subwoofer uses a toggle that the LIRC file doesn't cater for. I'm unfamiliar with Nubert and don't know which protocol they use but even if the LIRC file did contain the toggle information, SqueezeIR currently ignores it.

One way round it might be to send the command twice on the press event, possibly with a pause inbetween.

SqueezeIR Support Thread

On Fri, 11 Jun, indifference_engine wrote:

> One way round it might be to send the command twice on the press
    > event, possibly with a pause inbetween.

Perfect! Adding <count>2</count> to the four actions made it work (no
    pause needed).

--
    Stefan Bellon

Not Getting Menu or IR

Version: 7.5.0 - r30464; Win 7
    Trying to get a first-time load going. Think I followed your config and installation docs, but probably messed up somewhere. SqueezeIR applet loaded onto the duet controller OK (I think)... the SqueezeIR Settings About page says:
    SqueezeIR 0.71 (BETA) 10Jun2010... Configuration updated Fri June 11... Result 3 (Success).
    The attatched two files are in the C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\HTML\0004201a6de5\html folder. I see my menu name listed on the SqueezeIR Settings page with "Default Profile" scrolling behind it. There appears to be no IR emitted from the controller (don't know if the emitter shows any visible light indicator)... in any case, the AVR is not responding. The LIRC file works for the AVR with IRBlaster for power on/off (haven't tried vol).

I'd appreciate a look see at the files... probably something obvious.
    Thanks for a great plugin and unusually good documentation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
    About page says:
    SqueezeIR 0.71 (BETA) 10Jun2010... Configuration updated Fri June 11... Result 3 (Success).
    The attatched two files are in the C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\HTML\0004201a6de5\html folder.
    I see a couple of problems immediatley:
    1) The files on the server should be in
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\HTML\SqueezeIR\html\0004201a6de5
    (assuming the MAC address is correct). Check the installation page, there is a screenshot that shows the correct directory structure.

2) You need to add the line '<menu>FamRm HotTub Menu</menu>' immediately under the '<profile ID="FamRm-HotTub Profile">' line. The <menu> element within a <profile> tells SqueezeIR which of your menus is the starting point for the profile.

Correct the errors then go to Settings>SqueezeIR>Reload Configuration and try again. Let me know if you still have issues. I'll have to look into why the 'About' page says 'Success' even when the config file is in the wrong place. I was expecting it to say 'Error' or 'In Progress'.
    Last edited by indifference_engine; 2010-06-12 at 03:04.

Thanks, Indifference.
    I didn't get the folder location correct in the posting... it was (is) installed as you indicated... hope you didn't waste time checking why got success on the config upload.

I added the <menu>FamRm HotTub Menu</menu> and I now get the menu with the selections... joy!

However, I still get no IR action with the AVR on any of the selections. The Vol up/down keys no longer have the popup showing the SB volume setting, so it appears that override is functional.

Using IRBlaster, I have confirmed that the LIRC file works for all the commands I have used in the XML.
    Also, I have confirmed that the duet controller is sending out IR when the SqueezeIR menu selections are made by getting an IR received indication (red LED light) from my Media Center PC IR receiver.
    Last edited by Jayhawk; 2010-06-12 at 09:13.

SqueezeIR - possibility to execute command through lan?

Hi and thanks again for this great applet! Maybe not the right forum to ask, but I was still wondering whether there is - even theoretical - possibility to call / execute squeezeIR commands (or basically a possibility to mimic the behavior of what happens with the physical button press on SBC?) remotely via LAN connection?

Could something like Greg's IR server (http://code.google.com/p/irserversb/, although this is configured to directly call SBC testir?) be utilized in this? I take it that SqueezeIR would need an "addin" which would listen for the triggers for the specified commands - which then again would pretty much mean the "html-server" would be integral part of SqueezeIR? I'm sure that you i_e have your hands full with the current features of SqueezeIR and I'm not much of a coder myself so I'm pretty much out of luck with this one... Unless there's something applicaple already made for some other purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
    Thanks, Indifference.
    I still get no IR action with the AVR on any of the selections. The Vol up/down keys no longer have the popup showing the SB volume setting, so it appears that override is functional.

Using IRBlaster, I have confirmed that the LIRC file works for all the commands I have used in the XML.
    Also, I have confirmed that the duet controller is sending out IR when the SqueezeIR menu selections are made by getting an IR received indication (red LED light) from my Media Center PC IR receiver.
    This is strange. SqueezeIR is correctly interpreting your codes. I have loaded my Controller with your config and captured the ir output using irBlaster's learning wizard. Working backwards, the data matches the lirc file.

It may be the same problem as sBellon had; try putting <parameter ID="count">2</parameter> into the <parameters> section of the remote. If that doesn't work, can you use irBlaster to capture one of the codes from your original remote as well as from your Controller so that I can compare them with my Controller.

Harmon-Kardon uses the NEC protocol which is pretty common so I doubt there is anything fundamentally wrong and I'm sure a solution can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Hi and thanks again for this great applet! Maybe not the right forum to ask, but I was still wondering whether there is - even theoretical - possibility to call / execute squeezeIR commands (or basically a possibility to mimic the behavior of what happens with the physical button press on SBC?) remotely via LAN connection?
    It's certainly theoretically possible but way out of my league! It would need a SBS plugin that could display the contents of the xml file in a user-friendly way and when you selected an event it would send the details to SqueezeIR which would then send the ir. I think the changes to SqueezeIR wouldn't be too great but the plugin would need writing from scratch. I have no experience of perl (plugins are written in perl, applets are in lua) so I wouldn't know where to start unfortunately.

I might have a look at Greg's code which might allow SqueezeIR to be controlled via a web-page outside of SBS. The web-page could (hopefully) be created from the xml file using some script (possibly java)??