Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to delete multiple playlists

My Duet/SB server has over 200 mysterious playlists that I did not build. Some are empty, while some appears to be basically the tracks of an album. I want to get rid of them, but on the controller, I can only do it one by one.

Is there a way that I can delete multiple playlists? Preferably, I would like to retain playlists that I actually built and want, but if need be, I can live with deleting all the playlists.

Thanks.

As far as I know there isn't any option to delete all playlists through the SBS or Duet menus. The easiest way is probably to search for files with a specific extension in a file manager, delete the playlist files from the search result and perform a rescan to get rid of them from SBS/Duet.

Or are are you using the iTunes integration and we are talking about iTunes playlists ? In that case I think there is some option you can use to ignore them during scanning, but I might remember incorrectly.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Thanks.
    iTunes has been de-selected all along, so it shouldn't be the issue. Do you know what file I should be looking at to delete the playlists? It says in the settings that it is stored under my "Music" folder, but don't seem to find a txt file or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoo View Post
    Do you know what file I should be looking at to delete the playlists?
    Mine are in C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\My Music then look in folders containing "playlist" in their name. The files might be *.m3u but there are other extensions, I believe. They are plain text, so you can verify that you have the right files by viewing their content.

Thanks.
    Will try that out.

Check in your album folders, you surely have m3u files in the same directories as your music !
    Last edited by Tartifless; 2010-06-03 at 05:25.

Thanks. Come to think of it, this could be the case.

In that case, I should do a search for .m3u files, delete them all and re-scan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoo View Post
    Thanks. Come to think of it, this could be the case.

In that case, I should do a search for .m3u files, delete them all and re-scan, right?
    Correct, just make sure to not delete any playlists that you really want to keep.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Unhappy

I had to go through this process, it took an age...
    Search and delete all .m3u, m3u8 and cue lists.
    Even after rescanning the server the playlists were there, so I had to manually delete them from the server web interface. It takes an age because of the way the UI is designed. You have to select each playlist > Press Delete > Place a tick in the confirm box (X), press the button and then repeat the process for each playlist. It really is a horrible, slow process. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by spile View Post
    I had to go through this process, it took an age...
    Search and delete all .m3u, m3u8 and cue lists.
    Even after rescanning the server the playlists were there, so I had to manually delete them from the server web interface. It takes an age because of the way the UI is designed. You have to select each playlist > Press Delete > Place a tick in the confirm box (X), press the button and then repeat the process for each playlist. It really is a horrible, slow process. Good luck!
    That's a little bizarre. After you deleted all the files and rescanned, did they show up anywhere other than the SBS web ui? For example, did they show up on the SB Controller? If it was only the web ui then they were probably just in your browser's cache, and could have been eliminated by flushing the browser cache. SBS isn't perfect software, but it hasn't been known to make up stuff that's not on the server.