Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: iheart radio

Quote Originally Posted by djringjr View Post
    IHR gobbles up another Boston, MA News and talk station: WRKO 680 is now gone, several weeks ago it was WBZ 1030.

Anyone interested in starting a gofundmebto get updated unofficial firmware?

I would buy it for $200.

If we had 1000 peopke willing to do the same it would be $200,000.00.

For that amount maybe Logitech would do it.

Regards,

David
    The reasons against this happening are numerous. The two most glaring are.....
    - for that amount (and even lass) $$$$ people will simply buy a currently supported player
    - never get anywhere near that number to even sign a petition for IHR let alone commit $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

If you are not running LMS then new firmware is not needed - just a small applet but usually this sort of applet needs a developer who really needs the facility rather than the cash.

Try the following as Favorites

WRKO 680 is http://c14icyelb.prod.playlists.ihrhls.com/7750_icy
    WBZ 1030 is http://c14icyelb.prod.playlists.ihrhls.com/7729_icy
    You are my favorite person today!

I think you might mean "if you ARE running LMS then firmware is not needed - just a small applet" but in any event, the two links made my day!

Thanks!

DAVID

I think you might mean "if you ARE running LMS then firmware is not needed - just a small applet" but in any event, the two links made my day!
    No - I meant exactly what I wrote.

As I have a rough plugin in Perl for iHeart on LMS - I know that a small applet written in Lua could handle finding iHeart playable URLs - applets run in the device not LMS/MySqueezebox. The applet could be installed as a 3rd party Applet on Touch and in theory Radio, Squeezeplay and Controler. The difficulties are
    1. My Lua and Touch skills are not good enough to do this quickly.
    2. Only Shoutcast streams (ICY MP3) are playable on Touch/Radio. It seems many iHeart stream are moving over to m3u8 (i.e. Apple HLS) and Touch/Radio would need new firmware to handle HLS natively (at the moment LMS can transcode).
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-12-25 at 02:19.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    No - I meant exactly what I wrote.

As I have a rough plugin in Perl for iHeart on LMS - I know that a small applet written in Lua could handle finding iHeart playable URLs - applets run in the device not LMS/MySqueezebox. <snip>
    I wasn't trying to criticise, I just wanted the forum to be accurate.

I had NO idea the applets ran inside the Squeezebox itself, I thought they ran in LMS.

My SINCERE APPOLOGIES!

Thanks,

David

I wasn't trying to criticise, I just wanted the forum to be accurate.

I had NO idea the applets ran inside the Squeezebox itself, I thought they ran in LMS.

My SINCERE APPOLOGIES!
    No need to apologise - I wanted to clarify the issue.

Plugins runs in LMS and work for all players. They are written in Perl
    Apps generally deliver a service provided by or with assistance from MySqueezebox.com - usually written in Perl.
    Applets run in the players that are written in Lua such as Squeezeplay, Touch, Radio and Controller and installed via the Setting/Advanced/Applet installer menu. 3rd party applets include EDO, custom clock etc.