Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just discovered I have the same problem

I got a touch for my Mum and told her I could set some radio stations up as presets - like I can I my Classic.
    Does as described by others - is there any way of making this simple function work?

Tom

Same problem here. I have three touch remotes and cant set presets on any of them . All other buttons work except the presets. There must be an issue as I cant believe I have three remotes that cant set presets. Can a senior member shed any light on this?

Have a roku M1001 and have had a touch for a 3 months now. The touch does a lot more but still kinda convoluted and unintuitive compared to the Roku. The Roku is far easier to use. I really enjoy internet radio and the whole switch to my squeezbox to squeeze server seems like you have jump thru a lot hoops with the touch. Not bad just seems it should be easier

Quote Originally Posted by franklyfred View Post
    ..... I really enjoy internet radio and the whole switch to my squeezbox to squeeze server seems like you have jump thru a lot hoops with the touch. Not bad just seems it should be easier
    It is easy, don't switch to MySB if you are running SBS on your PC.

If you must switch between the two (turning off PC?) then make it a simple procedure by adding "switch to MySB" to your Home Menu.
    Now switching is a breeze:
    If on SBS (or not on any server) simply select "switch to MySB.com".
    If on MySB simply select My Music, your local SBS should be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I have pre-sets for these services as well and radio stations. Not sure why you're not able to.
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible to set a preset on the Touch
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible to set a preset on the Touch
    So why have all the numbers on the remote??? This was a major selling point for me to buying 3 touch Sb. Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Smile remote buttons 1-9 work now!

Quote Originally Posted by morthan View Post
    So why have all the numbers on the remote??? This was a major selling point for me to buying 3 touch Sb. Can anyone shed light on this issue?
    Hi,

I can confirm, presets on the remote do not work with the Touch, 7.5.1. However, I found this comment in another topic:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...854#post531854

I have modified the ShortcutsMeta.lua file accordingly, and miracle happened, now I have all buttons 1-9 on the remote working nicely: station is set on press and hold, and switch to the station on press. If you are comfortable with fiddling with lua files, I recommend to follow suit.

Two questions, if someone could kindly help:

1. The zero (0) still does not seem to work, even if I set it the same way as buttons 1-9 in ShortcutsMeta.lua - any special reason?

2. I would like to assign one remote button to start one of the applets, the weather application from extras. How could I do it..? What function would I need to add to the lua file?

Thanks,
    bandi

Quote Originally Posted by bandi View Post
    Hi,

I can confirm, presets on the remote do not work with the Touch, 7.5.1. However, I found this comment in another topic:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...854#post531854

I have modified the ShortcutsMeta.lua file accordingly, and miracle happened, now I have all buttons 1-9 on the remote working nicely: station is set on press and hold, and switch to the station on press. If you are comfortable with fiddling with lua files, I recommend to follow suit.

Two questions, if someone could kindly help:

1. The zero (0) still does not seem to work, even if I set it the same way as buttons 1-9 in ShortcutsMeta.lua - any special reason?

2. I would like to assign one remote button to start one of the applets, the weather application from extras. How could I do it..? What function would I need to add to the lua file?

Thanks,
    bandi
    Thanks Bandi. Unfortunately I have no idea what an lua file is let alone how to fiddle with one! Are you able to put up a step by step guide? Do you think future versions of the software might rectify this glaring omission? Thanks.

Smile

Hi

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

file bug.

I Would prefer the old style thing like it used to be with the SB3 (classic) that the number buttons where connected to the favorite list.

Presets.

Not possible to edit in the web-UI !!(major case of brain fart to not implement this)

Can only be as many as there are buttons 1-6 on boom or radio .

But they are per player so every player can have different presets .

Favorites.

Are per server so the list applies to all players on the server, but they can be as many as you want as far as i can remember . I can not remeber if it where possible to choose favorites above 9 or not with the number keys or if had to navigate the list ?

The favorite list can still be used with the menu system and arrows.
    So it's only it's connection to the 1-9 buttons that has been removed.

Favorite can still be added and edited in the web-UI .
    On mysqueezebox.com the favorite list has the limitation that it can not have subfolders.
    A really complicated favorite menu can not be entirely navigated by the number buttons, but you would assign the most used ones a sensible place in the favorite list (1-9)

The ideal compromise would be a favorite list per player that could be used with number buttons, this will satisfy both functions.
    And be possible to edit in the web-UI .
    And keep the ability to assign buttons by pressing them for a long time.
    There could also be a user setting to keep using a the global favorite list with the number keys.
    Both should exist at the same time.

Btw you can not use presets on the SB3 (aka classic) either with the never version of the server nor does the number button go to favorite list they do nothing usefull there either ? This makes even less sense why remove a working function on an old product and replace it with nothing ? The devs have limited time and resources why spend this time making the product worse not better ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I have confirmed with Logitech that the 1-9 buttons on the Touch remote cannot be used for presets, favourites or anything else. Why I am at a complete loss to explain and Logitech customer service surely didnt know. 'Bandi' can you either post or pm me with a step by step instruction on how you were able to map presets to the 1-9 buttons? Thanks