X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BodgeIT
    • Apr 2008

Squeezeplay for Android?

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry if there's a thread already, I have searched but people only seem interested in remote controlling their SB from android? Not really useful for me.
    Is porting Squeezeplay to android a possibility? Surely the last link in the loop is to be able to play your music over the web from home? It certainly would be for me.
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right!
    SS (7.7.1 - r33735) on Debian Server (Squeeze) running Slimp3 (FW 2.3), Receiver (FW 77), Squeezebox Radio (7.7.1-r9557), xAP Enabled.
  • BodgeIT
    • Apr 2008

No one else want this?
    Shocked! Think you guys all need to get out more!
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right!
    SS (7.7.1 - r33735) on Debian Server (Squeeze) running Slimp3 (FW 2.3), Receiver (FW 77), Squeezebox Radio (7.7.1-r9557), xAP Enabled.

Comment

• Mark Miksis
      formerly known as Fletch
      • May 2005

I believe that some of the Android control apps have announced future plans to add playback support.

Comment

• lrossouw
        • Jan 2006

I think squeezeplay on the android would be good for larger tablet like android devices.
        Louis
        Last.fm

Comment

• froghunter
          • Jun 2010

I would dig it

Personally, I think it would be great. I used to have my N800 for this which has a 4.3 in diagonal screen, but I think it would be fine on my little Hero.

Comment

• Kampfwurst
            • Dec 2008

is someone working on squeezeplay for Android??

Comment

• tbowland
              • Aug 2010

Android (Squeezeplay) stations everywhere in the house!

I think it is a great idea mainly because of the price of the android pads.
              I would put them all over the house including wall mount pads and run powered speakers off them for a whole house audio system.
              6 x Android Pads = $1000.00
              1 x NAS or Home Server = $400.00
              Speakers I have lots of

Whole house audio for under $1400.00

Comment

• CrankyTom
                • Feb 2011

Seriously, are we so few to be interested in the possibility of Squeeze Play and Squeeze Server on Android? Just imagine being able to use an Android Tablet with Squeeze Play or even with Squeeze Server, and then controlling the whole thing from your Android Phone using Squeeze Commander

Comment

• bonze
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by CrankyTom
                  Seriously, are we so few to be interested in the possibility of Squeeze Play and Squeeze Server on Android? Just imagine being able to use an Android Tablet with Squeeze Play or even with Squeeze Server, and then controlling the whole thing from your Android Phone using Squeeze Commander
                  Think quite a few would be interested, but the OP never came back to say if he was developing the app.
                  LMS Version: 8.2
                  Synology 216+II & Docker
                  2x Touch, 2x SB3

Comment

• Griffin
                    • Nov 2010

There are more people interested in such an app, but unfortunately, it's not as straightforward as one may think. There are timing and protocol issues that prohibit easy porting if I remember correctly. There's another thread somewhere (too lazy to search for it) where this request was posted. Prolly in one of the remote control app threads.

Comment

• spile
                      • Apr 2010

Can anyone recommend a simple Android player that supports FLAC and is free?
                      Am currently using "Player" but that is ad-supported and am not keen on anything that could use my data connection.

Comment

• sydheresy
                        • Apr 2011

I would be interested as well. Would be really great to listen to my music in my car through my phone.

Comment

• bluegaspode
                          • Jul 2009

I finally managed to finish 'SqueezePlayer'.

See the announcement here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...180#post628180
                          Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
                          Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
                          Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
                          Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

• jperode
                            • May 2011

Squeezebox server on Android?

Sure, that would be useful. A squeezebox server anywhere would be useful.

It's not weather you see a use to develop something, if you are passionate about getting squeezebox everywhere, then develop and see where all it goes.

The possibilities are many. It's after all a connected world.
                            I really want a way to run Squeezebox server in my Asus O!play HD2. It houses a 2TB drive and functions as my movie repository apart from being my NAS via Samba serving as my backup server, More useful is the FTP server in it. If it can have a Squeezebox server it would be so much more useful.

Comment

• CrankyTom
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bluegaspode
                              I finally managed to finish 'SqueezePlayer'.

See the announcement here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...180#post628180
                              Fantastic, well done this app is truly excellent and I can see it's been getting very good reviews also. Once again well done for such a great app!

Comment

Working...