Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media Monkey

Media Monkey

I'm having fun experimenting with Squeezeplay and wanted to know 1 thing:

All my music is rated on MediaMonkey. And there is a lot of it. Using Squeezeplay is there a way I can see the ratings I gave to the music so I don't end up playing tunes I don't like?

Is there any way the ratings could show up on Squeezeplay?

Thanks,
    Mdk

To activate ratings and make them persistent in SBS you can try the trackstat plugin. You'd then need to find a way to import the ratings from MediaMonkey. I know there is a way for itunes ratings.
    Louis
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeIWill View Post
    I'm having fun experimenting with Squeezeplay and wanted to know 1 thing:

All my music is rated on MediaMonkey. And there is a lot of it. Using Squeezeplay is there a way I can see the ratings I gave to the music so I don't end up playing tunes I don't like?

Is there any way the ratings could show up on Squeezeplay?

Thanks,
    Mdk
    I think MediaMonkey writes the ratings to the files. Assuming it does, you should be able to install the third party plugins TrackStat and Custom Scan. Through the Custom Scan settings page you can activate the Rating Tag scanning module and perform a rescan, the result should be that the ratings are stored in the Squeezebox Server database. If you change ratings in Media Monkey, you will need to perform a rescan in Squeezebox Server to import them.

The ratings will be shown among the track details in Squeezeplay.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

The other way - from Trackstat into Mediamonkey??

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    I think MediaMonkey writes the ratings to the files. Assuming it does, you should be able to install the third party plugins TrackStat and Custom Scan. Through the Custom Scan settings page you can activate the Rating Tag scanning module and perform a rescan, the result should be that the ratings are stored in the Squeezebox Server database. If you change ratings in Media Monkey, you will need to perform a rescan in Squeezebox Server to import them.

The ratings will be shown among the track details in Squeezeplay.
    Hi guys,

Erland I have been using Trackstat for years now and would like to start deleting my least rated music. For the basis of this I would need to use Trackstat ratings, as this is how I have rated my music over the years.

I know of no plugin that can delete music on the basis of Trackstat-ratings. Do you?

However I know that from Mediamonkey I can delete songs. So If I could import my Trackstat-ratings I could use these as a basis of sorting and delete the lowest rated music.

Is there a way to do this...?

Thank you for many fabulous plugins for this magnificent system. SB, Trackstat and SQL-Playlist have together taken my music enjoyment to a completely higher level than before. I love the way I can listen to a specific artist's best songs (rating over 4/80%). That is simply awesome!

Thanks again. I hope there is a way to do what I am trying. I would hate to do this manually, song by song...

BR

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    Hi guys,

Erland I have been using Trackstat for years now and would like to start deleting my least rated music. For the basis of this I would need to use Trackstat ratings, as this is how I have rated my music over the years.

I know of no plugin that can delete music on the basis of Trackstat-ratings. Do you?

However I know that from Mediamonkey I can delete songs. So If I could import my Trackstat-ratings I could use these as a basis of sorting and delete the lowest rated music.

Is there a way to do this...?
    Would it work to to do as follows ?
    1. Install Playlist Generator plugin
    2. In Playlist Generator plugin, setup a playlist that consists of all tracks with a specific rating, the "Advanced with rating" template should make this possible.
    3. In MediaMonkey, import the *.m3u playlist file generated in point 2 and use it as a base when deleting music files

I'm not sure if the maximum playlist length setting in SBS is going to limit the playlist to certain number of tracks, if it does you might want to increase this setting temporarily in SBS Settings/Advanced/Performance.

There is a work in progress floating around somewhere in the third party plugins section which can be used to import ratings to Media Monkey but I'm not not sure it was ever finished to a working state so I suspect the above is an easier way to accomplish what you want.

MrSinatra
    while filetypes are we talking about here?

also, there is a difference in mp3tag between popm/popularimeter and rating wmp / rating mm ...so be aware of that, as well as just "rating" (enable as columns).

Would it work to to do as follows ?
    1. Install Playlist Generator plugin
    2. In Playlist Generator plugin, setup a playlist that consists of all tracks with a specific rating, the "Advanced with rating" template should make this possible.
    3. In MediaMonkey, import the *.m3u playlist file generated in point 2 and use it as a base when deleting music files
    Hi Erland,

I am trying to follow your guide above for deleting my lowest rated music from the server using MediaMonkey.

I have installed the Playlist Gen. plugin. But how do I get it to populate the playlist? I only seem to have the option to edit or delete the playlist gen. filter. But not run it...

How is this achieved? Usually I have the play icon on the right of the name of the playlist. Hmmm???

Thanks for your great guide above... I'm sure I can do it this way.

BR

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
    while filetypes are we talking about here?

also, there is a difference in mp3tag between popm/popularimeter and rating wmp / rating mm ...so be aware of that, as well as just "rating" (enable as columns).
    Hi Mr. Sinatra,

The files are primarily Flac, and some MP3's. So a significant HDD space will be freed if I can find an automated way to delete 500-2000 songs that I don't like from my collection.

BR

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    Hi Erland,

I am trying to follow your guide above for deleting my lowest rated music from the server using MediaMonkey.

I have installed the Playlist Gen. plugin. But how do I get it to populate the playlist? I only seem to have the option to edit or delete the playlist gen. filter. But not run it...

How is this achieved? Usually I have the play icon on the right of the name of the playlist. Hmmm???

Thanks for your great guide above... I'm sure I can do it this way.

BR

Morten
    Clicking on "Edit" and then click the "Save & Generate" button at the bottom of the page should generate it.

Clicking on "Edit" and then click the "Save & Generate" button at the bottom of the page should generate it.
    OK... Thanks Erland,

So far so good. I can generate playlists. But MM won't import them... Even if I scan (insert button) their location...

???? It seems a bit complicated, when I should be able to do this in iTunes, if I could sync Trackstat-ratings into iTunes. It would probably also be an OK platform to maintain Tags from...

Nothing is easy when you really need systems to inter-operate...

Morten