Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    is that a MF A308? i have the next gen A5, and really enjoy it; lots of folks think the 308 was better tho.

Yes it is a Musical Fidelity A308. It is a bit clunky looking compared to the A5 but I also read that it was preferred over the the A5. I think IIRC that the A5 has a single torid and the A308 has two. I particularly like the synergy it has with my other gear.

Scott

Smile My Touch setup

Hi Folks,
    Here are some pictures of my setup. I'm running the touch off a self built vortexbox (resides next to router in another room). The Touch feeds a V-dac and into a Moon I-1 and out to Sonus Faber Domus.
    My latest purchase was the Acoustic Solid Wood Black turntable and the Audiomods series III arm (50th Birthday present...i deserved a treat)
    I control the Touch via Ipeng on the Ipod. The large silver box at the side is one of the best ways of improving any HiFi - a PS Audo Power Plant Premier....What a difference to the sound...just fantastic Clarity and Dynamics, more detail even at lower volumes.
    I have a Duet feeding a Fatman with JBL control speakers in the Bedroom and use Isub and a docking station to send music to diningroom via the vortexbox.

Just love the functionality of the squeezebox and its a brilliant combination with the vortexbox and Ipod touch.
    Last edited by c3p0; 2010-06-26 at 01:39. Reason: spelling

My new bathroom setup with two Canton In-Ceiling 650 speakers and a cheapo TA 2024 based amp (also in/above the ceiling), I believe one of these:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/TA2024-Verstarker...item1e5fec31f2

Can't fully judge the audio quality yet since my installers created a nice ground loop for me giving me a 50Hz hum (which I don't get when I connect an iPod directly to the amp which was how I tested the setup) so I now have to wait for a galvanic isolator.

Apart from that the sound is surprisingly good, all that volume behind the speakers makes up for the smallish Amp (11W compared to the 60W rating for the speakers).

And yes, I'm aware that the Touch is kind of a waste for the bathroom but the touch screen is simply made for this application

---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    My new bathroom setup with two Canton In-Ceiling 650 speakers and a cheapo TA 2024 based amp (also in/above the ceiling), I believe one of these:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/TA2024-Verstarker...item1e5fec31f2

Can't fully judge the audio quality yet since my installers created a nice ground loop for me giving me a 50Hz hum (which I don't get when I connect an iPod directly to the amp which was how I tested the setup) so I now have to wait for a galvanic isolator.

Apart from that the sound is surprisingly good, all that volume behind the speakers makes up for the smallish Amp (11W compared to the 60W rating for the speakers).

And yes, I'm aware that the Touch is kind of a waste for the bathroom but the touch screen is simply made for this application
    The only appropriate response seems to be: Holy Sh*t!!
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Pippin I think I might be more jealous of the towel warmer you have in there! While having tunes play when you step out of the shower is nice, having nice toasty towel to wrap around you is almost godly.

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
    Pippin I think I might be more jealous of the towel warmer you have in there! While having tunes play when you step out of the shower is nice, having nice toasty towel to wrap around you is almost godly.
    I'm not 100% sure if what you're calling a "towel warmer" is actually such. What I think it is the radiator for the hot water space heating system (as opposed to the hot water system used to heat the water one uses in the shower), which throughout Europe doubles as a handy towel warmer. Perhaps Pippin can clarify things for us.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Well, yes, both.
    It's indeed the radiator which doubles as a towel warmer.
    It's quite common over here these days yet not less convenient especially in combination with the floor heating (also a commodity these days but this house is over 100 years old...).
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Looks great. Did you seal the Touch against moisture or is it "just" sitting there?

Just sitting there. It's on the other side of the room from the shower and next to the window and if it breaks I'm going to buy a new one.
    That said: it's always on and gets a bit warm so i hope it dries itself up.

It's already been in my old bathroom, next to the shower for almost two years now without complaining.
    Will get a spare whenever the are at EOL but that's still a bit out hopefully.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com