Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    The plan was to move living (couch, equipment) to one area and cover when working on the other end, then swap back and forth repeatedly.
    Nice setup! I used to have luxman receiver, perfect sound.
    I was in the exact same spot, I don't know what you're going to do with walls and parquet, but renovation implies dust and dirt. Floor sanding, walls painting (wallpaper replacement), etc. I don't thing this process is compatible with hi-fi/hi-end equipment
    By the way, I planned and prepared in advance all wires (in the cap of floor in their own pipes), power for the rack with separate switch, even aluminum coasters for speaker spikes. But I completely forgot about size of living room and echo. I had to use curtains and carpet to reduce echo. Wasn't all I expected, but that's life. Conclusion: if you plan to do something with walls, you can use acoustic panels or soundproof materials.

Here is my setup in living room: marantz SR7000 receiver, marantz CD5400 ose, Touch, front: advance acoustic k11s, rear: audio pro black pearl v3, sub and center: audio pro cinema/image.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by chul; Yesterday at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by chul View Post
    Nice setup! I used to have luxman receiver, perfect sound.
    I was in the exact same spot, I don't know what you're going to do with walls and parquet, but renovation implies dust and dirt. Floor sanding, walls painting (wallpaper replacement), etc. I don't thing this process is compatible with hi-fi/hi-end equipment
    By the way, I planned and prepared in advance all wires (in the cap of floor in their own pipes), power for the rack with separate switch, even aluminum coasters for speaker spikes. But I completely forgot about size of living room and echo. I had to use curtains and carpet to reduce echo. Wasn't all I expected, but that's life. Conclusion: if you plan to do something with walls, you can use acoustic panels or soundproof materials.
    Agree, your place looks great. At the risk of turning this into a home improvement forum, this remodel is part of taking an old layout (seperate rooms) and opening it up, so I'll be removing the old 3/8" wood and extending the kitchen flooring into this area, which is vinyl plank. I love real hardwood floors, but the planks are super durable, especially for the dog's toenails.

Yes, the dust and dirt is a problem, I cover everything while working, but the covers are thin cloth to not trap heat and allow listening

I did run the surround wires into boxes up high, and I also added dual voltage (2 - gang, AC and speaker wire/cables) behind each speaker, in the center, high and low with pull wires. The speakers have active subwoofers (i.e. need AC), and I added both high and low in the center, just in case I decide to change from a center equipment/display rack to mounting the display on the wall (hide power and cables behind the display).

I shape your concern regarding all hard surfaces. I am hoping area rugs and curtains will help, but I could always add acoustic material on the back wall.

Cheers:
    Jim

Touch Photo

Name:  66E523E3-1CD6-415E-ABD4-FAE184B6580E.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  232.6 KBName:  7EDABF51-D37F-4D31-9EDD-66E86C21E52E.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  236.3 KB
    Living Room: Touch -> PS Audio Gain Cell Dac -> PS Audio M700 amps -> Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers
    Outdoor Deck: Touch -> Adcom GFA535 Power Amp -> N.E.A.R. A6 Outdoor Speakers
    Bedroom: Touch -> Emotiva DC1 dac -> Genelec 8020 active speakers
    Kitchen: Boom
    Basement: Radio