Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: RC (Inguz etc.)

JohnB, Again many thanks for putting this together.
    However, re-reading the "Help" after all these years reminds me that somewhere along the way the Settings sub menu and Test Signals have disappeared from all my installations.
    Were these part of the original install files or did the plugin generate them?
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Wirruna,

I'm using iPeng on an iPad at the moment and there the Test Signals are under EQ/Setting/Test Signals.

They should be there - very odd if they aren't.

How are you accessing the Inguz options?

As far as I temember the test signals aren't available from the Web Interface, e.g. when using IE.
    Last edited by JohnB; 2018-12-16 at 14:51.
    Allo Digione Signature (+LiFePo Batteries), Touch, Metrum Jade, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

JohnB, Once more you are absolutely correct. Test Signals aren't in the Web Interface, but on my pCP (Pi Core Player) and in Orange Squeeze they are there!

Maybe an opportunity for a short note in Italics in the Help PDF ?
    Last edited by Wirrunna; 2018-12-16 at 15:35. Reason: Added Orange Squeeze
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Replacememt "InguzDSP.exe.config" for LMS 7.9.2 (Sox 14.4)

When Inguz is used for DRC, if the sampling rate of the previously selected impulse filter doesn't match the sampling rate of what is being played - Inguz uses Sox to resample the impulse filter. For example, if the impulse filter is 44.1kHz and one plays a 96kHz file, Inguz will resample the impulse filter to 96kHz.

To do this Inguz uses, by default, the Sox "polyphase" parameter. This is no longer supported by Sox 14.4 (installed by LMS 7.9.2). As a result, when using LMS 7.9.2/Sox 14.4, the resampling will fail and DRC will drop out.

The original InguzDSP.exe can be used with an amended InguzDSP.exe.config file which includes a new "soxFmt" entry:
    Code:
    <add key="soxFmt" value='"{0}" "{2}" rate -v -I {1}' />
    (I did a test build of InguzDSP.exe which used an updated the Sox command line. That is no longer needed.)

First save the existing "InguzDSP.exe.config" file to a safe place, as a backup.

Copy the unzipped file to:

Windows 7
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\

Ubuntu
    /usr/sbin/

*** Please note: the above Ubuntu file location is that specified in the original Inguz installation guide. NOT that suggested by W0153R in an earlier post in this thread. If you have used W0153R's installation guide you will need to modify the above accordingly.

*** There was a bug in the Sox originally included in the Windows version of LMS 7.9.2. This was corrected in the December 10, 2018 (1544453860) nightly. This bug only affected Windows installations and would have prevented any resampling at all by Sox. So, if you are on Windows LMS 7.9.2 prior to December 10, 2018 (1544453860) it might be a good idea to install the current nightly.

I have also updated the "InguzDSP.exe.config" secion in the Inguz Documentation pdf file that I posted in an earlier thread.

The updated Inguz Documentation and all the other files I have recently posted here can be downloaded from:

https://app.box.com/s/0iohpwgqnuiztmsd3y5g2dxqug4wdvq8

New InguzDSP.exe.config:

InguzDSP.exe.config_for_Sox_14.4_18-12-17.zip
    Last edited by JohnB; 2018-12-18 at 02:25.
    Allo Digione Signature (+LiFePo Batteries), Touch, Metrum Jade, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

I've collected all the Inguz resources into 4 posts in new thread. (I thought it might get lost in this very long thread.)

It includes updated installation files for Windows and Ubuntu, links to the updated files, together with Inguz documentation.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...1-Inguz-EQ-DRC