Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    Exclamation Transporter Freezes and Hangs

    I am quite new here. Recently I bought SB Transporter for good price. I used it for 2 days. Then suddenly device stoped to play music. It has no problem with connection (wireless, ethernet). Main problem is that it shows the name of the song which I choose but it has no sound. Also VU Meter and time of the song does move at all.

    Please help. I did update of firmware and factory reset and it did not help.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Phil Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by oskare View Post
    I am quite new here. Recently I bought SB Transporter for good price. I used it for 2 days. Then suddenly device stoped to play music. It has no problem with connection (wireless, ethernet). Main problem is that it shows the name of the song which I choose but it has no sound. Also VU Meter and time of the song does move at all.

    Please help. I did update of firmware and factory reset and it did not help.

    Thanks.
    You should try a Xilinx reset...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    You should try a Xilinx reset...
    * Disconnect the power
    * Press and hold "1" on the remote
    * Reconnect the power
    * Release the "1" button when you see "Programming xilinx" on the screen

    I tried. No help. Still the same. It says NOW PLAYNING. No countdown of song time, no vu meter moving. Other squeezebox in same networks works perfect. It is old version SB3.

    Any idea?

  4. #4
    Senior Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    395
    You say that other Squeezeboxen on your network continue to work. What are they and what do they connect to... a local SB server or mysb.com? Do you have a network drive on which your music library is installed? There is a reason I'm asking this because my Transporter freaked out once with symptoms similiar to yours.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You say that other Squeezeboxen on your network continue to work. What are they and what do they connect to... a local SB server or mysb.com? Do you have a network drive on which your music library is installed? There is a reason I'm asking this because my Transporter freaked out once with symptoms similiar to yours.
    Hi, thanks for response. Those two SBs are in the same network connected via ethernet. Both are connected to the same SB server. Same library of music. I tried to synchronize them yesterday. SB v3 is playng music, Transporter says Now Playing, but nothing comes out, time stops, vu meter is not moving... no reaction. Remote control works ok, all connection to speakers are properly connected all settings correct restore to default and set again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by oskare View Post
    Hi, thanks for response. Those two SBs are in the same network connected via ethernet. Both are connected to the same SB server. Same library of music. I tried to synchronize them yesterday. SB v3 is playng music, Transporter says Now Playing, but nothing comes out, time stops, vu meter is not moving... no reaction. Remote control works ok, all connection to speakers are properly connected all settings correct restore to default and set again.
    I know this doesn't make a lot of sense but reboot your server and rescan your library. Then go through the setup procedure on you transporter.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I know this doesn't make a lot of sense but reboot your server and rescan your library. Then go through the setup procedure on you transporter.
    Yes, it doesnt. And it did not help. But thanks for response.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •