Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

problem with Firmware: 7.4.2-r8423?

Anyone else having problems with SBR not producing sound when the alarm goes off? The screen shows the options to snooze or end the alarm but there is no sound. I checked SBS and it was running fine and Info showed SBR to have >75% signal strength. I tried other SB devices and they connected and played fine. SBR would not play the station until I cycled the power. I checked alarm settings, the station that was selected in my favorites, everything looked good. Puzzling!

Do you have headphones plugged in? There is a bug, fixed in r8479, where the alarm would not be correctly diverted to the speakers.

Other issues?

I let the 7.4.2 r8423 install, as I have had this Radio since Jan and I anticipated this would resolve the LCD backlight bug (Off not = Off). I only use this device with MySB.com and it is wireless.

Now I have so many new issues. If I hadn't known how "close to good" this radio was before this update, I would consider this thing as broken now.

The setting for "When Playing should show Now Playing" no longer works. I can play the preset that I programmed in for the Favorite that is the direct url of my local station's stream. I get the generic radio tower art. When I select this station off one of the Internet Raio menus, such as Local or NPR, I still get the generic radio tower; I used to get the program graphic, such as Morning Edition, when selecting from the menu system.

Then, when I play a podcast from the podcast app, this art stays. I no longer get the podcast art that used to show. When I try to FF or RWD the podcast I no longer get the slider or the digital program time display to show I am moving through the podcast. Plus, the only result is, the podcast starts from the beginning, no matter what I try. I've tried this with three podcasts: Wait Wait, DNTO (Canada), and Car Talk.

Routinely now, when I press preset 2 for the local station, it plays for a few minutes, then drops out with Rebuffering and Rebuffering Failed. Sometimes it starts back playing anyway and sometimes I must press the preset, to reconnect. This isn't just happening with the preset. The podcast today also dropped after 10 minutes. Of course, I attempted to reload it and FF to the same point, but that function isn't working. So, I just waited for the show to come on the local station an hour later and listened to it then, through a "real" radio.

I had resolved a signal strength issue by moving the WiFi router closer to this unit. It worked well until this update. Maybe it is a coincidence, but as soon as I installed this update, the Rebuffering Failed errors started to happen consistently. I'd never seen it before this update, even when the signal strength was low. I have the WebUI buffering rate at the default of 3, by the way, for both the Radio and my Boom. The Boom can be playing the same local station direct url stream from the Favorites, as a preset, and it never drops the stream.

And the backlight still kicks on even though the Radio was turned off and Off is set to be screen Off.

I'm open the new info...
    Last edited by Bassman; 2010-03-21 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Routinely now, when I press preset 2 for the local station, it plays for a few minutes, then drops out with Rebuffering and Rebuffering Failed. Sometimes it starts back playing anyway and sometimes I must press the preset, to reconnect. This isn't just happening with the preset. The podcast today also dropped after 10 minutes.
    I'm running the same firmware and do not have that much issues => I would rather say that lots of troubles were solved since the previous one! e.g. the alarm is now really reliable since 7.4.2-r8423

but I can confirm the behaviour of the preset-button 2
    so far I thought that it's a problem of the radio-station configured on preset-2 so I war really surprised to read that somebody else has the same problem!!

does anybody know a reason or have an idea?
    thanks!
    simsboard
    so far only 1x Squeezebox Radio with selfmade batterykit
    changed from mysb.com to a local server
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/weanabazi