Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox cannot play WMA lossless

Hi still new to all this so hope this isn't a real numpty question or comment.

Been using my SB Duet for ages in conjunction with my Naim kit - brilliant no issues - love it. While on business in Taiwan I bought a NAS (QNAP TS-119) as this seemed to be a reasonable entry level choice. Stuck a 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP in it and fired it up. Had LOADS if issues getting my PC to see QPKG plugin but finally got SSOTS v4.2 running and installed Squeezebox Server v 7.4.1 (Ditched AVG v 9 Firewall and re-enabled Windows Firewall) Got that running, eventually and started dumping music (WMA lossless) in the Qmultimedia drive and rescanned as recommended. Checked on my PC the Squeezebox Server and all ripped music was present.

Then connected SB to NAS and it sees the WMA albums. All looking great - however, the Duet controller shows the Album,Track and looks like it tries to play and scrolls something like "cannot play, wrong format"

So, (sorry for writing so much), have I done something wrong? Can I play WMA lossless? Can anyone help PLEASE - so near and yet so far.
    Andy

IIRC SB player cannotplay WMA lossless because MS does not license the WMA lossless decoder.

If your SBS is on a Windows system then SBS can trasncode using MS libraries.

If you SBS is on Linux and an x86 based processort then it is possible to port and use the MS libraries from Windows with a plugin.

QNA TS-119 is an ARM based processor so no solution for WMA lossless except convert all files to Flac offline.

Thanks BPA -I'll convert to FLAC and give that a go

One more question, if you'd be so kind.
    Am I ok to simply drag & drop new music in to the Qmultimedia folder and recan?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    One more question, if you'd be so kind.
    Am I ok to simply drag & drop new music in to the Qmultimedia folder and recan?
    Thanks
    That sounds QNAP specific so you'll need a QNAP user to respond.