For the last few days I have had trouble with the slimserver nightly releases under WinXP Pro.

I can't remember what nightly release things started to go wrong - it was about the time that the SqueezeBox G announcement was made.

I installed the nightly release around that time and everything was fine. However, after a reboot I found that the Slimserver service was not running - it had started but failed.

I have tried a couple of nightly releases since then, performing a complete uninstall and reinstall. Every time there has been no problem with the initial installation, until I reboot, and then Slimserver doesn't work until I reinstall.

I think someone else reported this problem, but there was no fix described.

Looking at my event log, it looks like there is a problem with the Pearl interpreter:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Perl interpreter failed.

I recall seeing another post about including some new pearl utility libraries to support plugins, etc. Could this be related to the problem?

Phil