Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I spent all my google-fu.

Added
    /dev/sdb1 /storage/music/flac vfat defaults,users 0 0
    to fstab.

It seems to work squeezebox-wise. But only root has write-access to the files.

"Get cover art" doesn't solve it.

Is there an "easy" way to give everyone write access?

Thanks for all the answers so far.
    Last edited by Muele; 2010-02-04 at 13:40.
    BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Muele View Post
    So I spent all my google-fu.

Added
    /dev/sdb1 /storage/music/flac vfat defaults,users 0 0
    to fstab.

It seems to work squeezebox-wise. But only root has write-access to the files.

"Get cover art" doesn't solve it.

Is there an "easy" way to give everyone write access?

Thanks for all the answers so far.
    Have you tried "man mount" and read the available options for the FAT filesystem (+ the ones for VFAT ?)
    Quote Originally Posted by man mount on my debian lenny box
    Mount options for fat
    (Note: fat is not a separate filesystem, but a common part of the msdos, umsdos and vfat filesystems.)

uid=value and gid=value
    Set the owner and group of all files. (Default: the uid and gid of the current process.)

umask=value
    Set the umask (the bitmask of the permissions that are not present). The default is the umask of the current process. The value is given in octal.
    I would suggest giving the files to "nobody/nogroup", everybody should be able to access r/w the files. Perhaps specifying a umask of 000 is needed too to keep the same relaxed access rights for new files created on the share, but I doubt it.
    So your stanza in fstab would be:
    /dev/sdb1 /storage/music/flac vfat defaults,users,uid=65534,gid=65534 0 0

(Type "id nobody" or "id squeezeboxserver" etc. to see the uid and gid used for nobody's and squeezeboxserver's accounts.)

I didn't test what I suggest here. I may be wrong.
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2010-02-07 at 05:42.
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.