Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Slim Devices Veteran ChrisOwens's Avatar

7.4.2 nearing release, need your help!

We're trying to release 7.4.2 shortly to fix two primary issues and a small number of lesser issues with Squeezebox Radio.

1) Alarm reliability
    2) Network reliability

The current 7.4.2 build is release-candidate quality (so it should be pretty safe to run, without major bugs). If you have some time to please check out the current 7.4.2 build and file some bugs, ESPECIALLY if you've been experiencing problems with network connectivity OR alarms (or both).

It's available at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.4

Thanks!
    Christopher Owens
    QA Manager
    chris_owens@logitech.com

Just what the Doctor ordered

I've been having some major connectivity problems--lots of dropouts. I'll give this a try and post about how I go.

I'll load it up and give it a try..

I have 2 Squeezebox Radios at my parents house. They need the presets to work, as they don't/can't fiddle with the stations every time they want to listen to a radio station.

Are the presets fixed too?

Radio Sleep function display bugs

I'm on 7.5 and the Radio display for he Sleep function is badly crocked for me. As far as I can see the code is the same for 7.4.2 (it has not been changed since then). I've not filed a bug as I'd prefer others to verify it first... you might be able to reproduce it easily enough at Q&A though:

Read exact description here:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...47&postcount=8

MC
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

Synchronization issues with mixed sample rates

I don't have a Radio, but since this is a synchronization issue the Radio might be affected, too, when it is in a sync group:

My MP3 collection consists of files of all possible sample rates. Mainly 44.1 kHz, but also 32 kHz, 48 kHz, and even the odd 22.05 kHz. My normal playback setup is a sync group of 2ÎSB1 and 1ÎBoom.

As long as I am streaming to a single player, everything is fine. But when synchronization is in effect, I experience all kinds of playback problems whenever a file is encountered that is not 44.1 kHz, such as:

- Both SB1s keep playing, but the Boom is mute while the play time on the display still counts up.
    - Playback stalls altogether (stills says "Now Playing", but is stuck at 0:00 on all players).
    - Title display on the players and in the web interface immediately skips to the next track in the playlist and stays one track ahead of the audio that is actually being played until I stop and restart playback.

Let me know if this is a known issue, or if I should file a bug.

Code:
    [10-01-30 08:55:48.1512] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [08:55:48.1509] Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Misc::assert (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Squeezebox1.pm line 86)
       frame 1: Slim::Player::Squeezebox1::play (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 1220)
       frame 2: Slim::Player::StreamingController::_Stream (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 1264)
       frame 3: Slim::Player::StreamingController::_PlayIfReady (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 288)
       frame 4: Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 2028)
       frame 5: Slim::Player::StreamingController::playerStopped (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm line 130)
       frame 6: Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::statHandler (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 871)
       frame 7: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::_stat_handler (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 408)
       frame 8: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 139)
       frame 9: (eval) (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
       frame 10: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
       frame 11: (eval) (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
       frame 12: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (slimserver.pl line 620)
       frame 13: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 56)
       frame 14: PerlSvc::Startup (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>PerlSvc.pm line 95)
       frame 15: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
       frame 16: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

Here's the problem. /<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Squeezebox1.pm, line 86:

[10-01-30 08:55:48.1522] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [08:55:48.1519] Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Misc::assert (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Squeezebox1.pm line 86)
       frame 1: Slim::Player::Squeezebox1::play (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 1220)
       frame 2: Slim::Player::StreamingController::_Stream (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 1264)
       frame 3: Slim::Player::StreamingController::_PlayIfReady (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 288)
       frame 4: Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 2028)
       frame 5: Slim::Player::StreamingController::playerStopped (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm line 130)
       frame 6: Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::statHandler (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 871)
       frame 7: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::_stat_handler (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 408)
       frame 8: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 139)
       frame 9: (eval) (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
       frame 10: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
       frame 11: (eval) (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
       frame 12: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (slimserver.pl line 620)
       frame 13: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 56)
       frame 14: PerlSvc::Startup (/<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>PerlSvc.pm line 95)
       frame 15: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
       frame 16: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

Here's the problem. /<C:\Programme\Audio\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Squeezebox1.pm, line 86:
    Last edited by usch; 2010-01-30 at 01:08. Reason: Server log attached, it just happened again

I'd love to see this alarm related bug (already flagged 'alarm_critical' by Ben) targeted to 7.4.2.
    https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15239

Though it seems very difficult to reproduce, there are more users (kork, wxman, jmpage2) facing this problem see following thread

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74188

Please also note that Marc already did some good investigations on it, so maybe it's not too far away to find a solution:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...841#post511841
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOwens View Post
    We're trying to release 7.4.2 shortly to fix two primary issues and a small number of lesser issues with Squeezebox Radio.

1) Alarm reliability
    2) Network reliability

The current 7.4.2 build is release-candidate quality (so it should be pretty safe to run, without major bugs). If you have some time to please check out the current 7.4.2 build and file some bugs, ESPECIALLY if you've been experiencing problems with network connectivity OR alarms (or both).

It's available at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.4

Thanks!
    I downloaded 7.4.2 r29959 for WinXP yesterday.

I have found one annoying bug so far.

the "+" menu of a song in the current playlist is not displayed correcly

e.g.

"home home center +"

The menu shows
    "Add to End
    "Play Next"
    "Play"
    "Save to Favorites"
    "Remove from Playlist"
    "Play Next" (again)
    "Play" (again)
    "Save to Favorites" (again)
    "Album Artist"
    "More Info"

The "More Info" shows "Empty" as result when selected with the Center button

I hope this bug can be fixed before 7.4.2 is released

setup
    Receiver running fw 65
    Controller running fw 7.4.1 r7915

Squeezebox Server Status
    Version: 7.4.2 - r29959 @ Sat Jan 30 03:05:54 PST 2010
    Hostname: ***
    Server IP Address: ***
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
    Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 586
    Perl Version: 5.10.0 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Yep it is known, at least to Ben:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74639
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

"SBRto be stuffed in a box in the attic )"

I'll save you some space in your attic and pay
    for shipping to Canada