Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Uh, oh, I have to apologize. I played around with iPeng just now and realized that it already has the feature I suggested. I guess this just shows that I shouldn't assume I can skip an app's help menu. It has good info !

All you have to do is hold your finger on the Now Playing screen and a new screen pops up that has the features I requested in my prior post.

iPeng is better and better all the time !!!

With the extra screen space of the iPad it would be really nice to have the ability to choose different windows or information for the left/right or top/bottom halves of the screen. This way, for example, you could choose to keep a Now Playing window with album art on one side and either a file browser or track list or album review on the other.

The iPad sure opens up the possibilities since it has more screen estate.

The main focus should be of course to act as a remote control, so browsing for albums and such should receive an overhaul, but it opens the way for more eye-candy too (fancier Now Playing screen).
    rip (eac) > convert (flac) > tag (musicbrainz/mp3tag) > normalize (replaygain/foobar2000) > albumart (www/firefox) > transport (winscp) > store (debian) > manage (squeezecenter) > control (ipodtouch/ipeng-app) > play (squeezebox) > preamplify (zpre2) > amplify (zampv3) > listen (axiomm2/sennheiser-hd595) > scrooble (last.fm) > enjoy (me :)

http://www.last.fm/user/pichonCalavera

Re: iPeng on iPad - How should it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by panos_k75
    Look at itunes and the way it looks on the iPad...you can't go wrong with that, at least visually.
    Oh Yes, you can.
    It looks like iTunes, my #1 hated software of all. Not going to happen.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

I know I'm really old and everything but I just don't get the concept of an iPad.
    They say that touch is the way to go and for people with pianist fingers I guess that's right but if you have sausages for fingers as I have, touch just doesn't make any sense. I love iPeng on the iPod and all that as it's a million times better than the SBC for a remote control but I still struggle hitting the right area of the screen.
    I hasten to add that this is not the fault of the iPod or iPeng just my stumpy fingers and I'm not aware of a firmware update that can change that :-)

Now, I want a remote control that can fit in my pocket. Take it out to change tracks etc etc. With an iPad it's still got to be left somewhere lieing around and be found and picked up to do anything, might as well go to your desktop to do it.

There's also the fact that are you seriously gonna walk around the high street with an iPad in your hands. It wouldn't last 2 minutes, not to mention the wazerk factor (stronger words censored). At least an iPod/phone can be made to look quite discreet.

I'm sorry, but I'll be sticking to what I've got, which incidentally, takeing out the 2x4's I call fingers works a charm.

Gerry.

P.S. Flame deflector at the ready.
    Last edited by Gerry123; 2010-01-28 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by archinaut View Post
    With the extra screen space of the iPad it would be really nice to have the ability to choose different windows or information for the left/right or top/bottom halves of the screen. This way, for example, you could choose to keep a Now Playing window with album art on one side and either a file browser or track list or album review on the other.
    Thats what i would like. Split it into 2 or 3 panes, with a now playing area, browser area and playlist/sync menu.

Cant say i am ever likely to own an iPad though.
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

I'm not really in the market for iStuff.

But as others sort of suggest:
    Think dashboards.
    Make a number of layouts with 1, 2, 3, 4,5 or more "frames" and a number of contents to fill in them: now playing, browse artist, similar artists, artist's flickr pics, lyrics, You name it. Heck, make an API to let it posible for others to develop stuff. Ok, I'm probably in over my head now, but you get the drift.

It may not be very iStuff-like to allow customization, but I think this could really be a differentiatior.
    BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by pichonCalavera View Post
    The iPad sure opens up the possibilities since it has more screen estate.
    It's still quite low res though, 1024x768

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...55&postcount=6

I like this one, with the 'Next Playing' on the right, maybe with the right panel also being used to navigate 'My Music' to add new songs to the playlist whilst the left 'Now Playing' is always displayed
    Boom - Controller - Touch - Radio

Quote Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
    It's still quite low res though, 1024x768
    Well, the pixel count still increases from approx 153k to 786k. So there is room for a lot of good stuff.

Don't reinvent the wheel..there are so many beautiful and practical music interfaces out there on that screen size. Just pick one and use it to built on it. Unless you want to hire a graphic/interface designer...