Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    Unless Frank doesn't provide a new download site you can find it through the internet archive's wayback machine at https://web.archive.org/ by entering Frank's original download url given in the first post of this thread.
    The download file does not seem to be available from Wayback, but I have a copy lying around. If it is alright with Frank, I can make it available - I will wait for his reply here before I do anything.

Mikkel

Depends on what you would call simple.

The main challenge is to adapt the ACC program code to switch the database systems from MySQL (as used in old LMS versions) to SQLite (as used in the newer), because ACC V3.4 assumes that MySQL is used. Fortunately this is easy, because the ACC's executable is a ".hta" file which is basically an HTML file containing script code that will be interpreted by Internet Explorer.

Note that LMS' library.db file must be accessible from the local system (from where you are running ACC - I'll come to that below), the Remote Server options in the ACC dialog cannot be used!

The database change is quite simple but I added a feature that adds some more changes: there will be a new option for pattern matching in ACC's Optional Filters dialog page (some hints about wildcard characters are given in the help popup). But to make it easy, there's a patch file that allows applying my changes to your installation of ACC.

So assuming you have ACC V3.4 installed, the necessary steps are:

1. download and install sqliteodbc.exe (an SQLite ODBC Driver) from http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/
    2. download and install the "Complete package, except sources" of the GnuWin32 diff utils from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
    3. go to the ACC installation folder and create a copy of the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta as a backup
    4. save the attached file Attachment 23574 to the ACC installation folder
    5. open a command prompt window and enter
      Code:
      cd C:\path\to\the\ACC\files
      but adapt the path of course, then enter
      Code:
      C:\Utils\GnuWin32\bin\patch -b AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta ACC-V3.4_diff.txt
      but adapt the path of the patch utility to where you've installed it in step 2 (and you did create a backup in step 3, didn't you?)
    6. figure out the path of your LMS' cache folder (LMS WebUI->Settings->Information, scroll to the bottom). If LMS is running on the same system as ACC and the cache folder is "C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache" you can go directly to step 8, otherwise copy the file library.db from the LMS cache folder to some folder on the system where ACC is installed
    7. open the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta of the ACC installation folder in notepad (or notepad++ if you have it), search for the text C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache and replace it with the path to the folder that you just copied the library.db to and save the changes
    8. start ACC as usual (double-click the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta) and let it generate the catalogue

That should do the trick.
    First of all thanks to the original coder FRANK - I really liked ACC. Now thanks to Reinholdk for the mod attempt.

Update to "STEP 2" - Apparently the patch utility has been repackaged - download "Complete package, except sources" and install: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

Then the patch ("Step 5") seems to work OK - no error.

But when I start the "patched" ACC I start getting "script" errors - I'm out of my league here - anyone else gotten this far?

Jim
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.9.1 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Boom - Anywhere with an AC outlet
    Squeezebox Touch > Bose Radio - Kitchen
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch
    Ipeng on an iPad controls everything!

Quote Originally Posted by usbethjim View Post
    First of all thanks to the original coder FRANK - I really liked ACC. Now thanks to Reinholdk for the mod attempt.

Update to "STEP 2" - Apparently the patch utility has been repackaged - download "Complete package, except sources" and install: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

Then the patch ("Step 5") seems to work OK - no error.

But when I start the "patched" ACC I start getting "script" errors - I'm out of my league here - anyone else gotten this far?

Jim
    Thanks for clarifying the link to the patch utility. What is the exact error message when you start the patched ACC?

Thanks for clarifying the link to the patch utility. What is the exact error message when you start the patched ACC?
    Line: 35
    Char: 4
    Error: The value of the property 'BalloonConfig' is null or undefined, not a Function object
    Code: 0

I answer YES to continue running scripts. The ACC UI comes up but if I use it I get this over and over again:

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Error: Unable to get property 'show Tooltip' of undefined or null reference

If I just click "Create Catalogs" I get what I think I remember from wayback as an ACC error: "Error Connecting to Squeezebox Server Database." with a few paragraphs of possible reasons for failure.

I did change the location of the "library.db" to it's proper location. Am I missing some sort of link/path to the sqlite package that I installed in "Step 1"?

Thanks alot for your work...
    Jim
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.9.1 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch

Line: 35
    Char: 4
    Error: The value of the property 'BalloonConfig' is null or undefined, not a Function object

I answer YES to continue running scripts. The ACC UI comes up but if I use it I get this over and over again:

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Error: Unable to get property 'show Tooltip' of undefined or null reference

If I just click "Create Catalogs" I get what I think I remember from wayback as an ACC error: "Error Connecting to Squeezebox Server Database." with a few paragraphs of possible reasons for failure.

I did change the location of the "library.db" to it's proper location. Am I missing some sort of link/path to the sqlite package that I installed in "Step 1"?

Thanks alot for your work...
    Jim
    I can check if the patch produced the correct file if you send me your modified version of the .hta file using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/R11LoBlKeDb8cJZUz4XZ

I can check if the patch produced the correct file if you send me your modified version of the .hta file using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/R11LoBlKeDb8cJZUz4XZ
    Done! Thanks for the help...

Jim

Done! Thanks for the help...

Jim
    The patched .hta file is perfectly fine and I can launch it without problems.

Did you start the patched file from within the same folder where the original one is located, i.e. the subfolder "Includes/js" is there?
    Can you start the original file without getting scripting errors?

Btw, a path to the sqlite driver is not needed. Only the path to the library.db as you did already.

The patched .hta file is perfectly fine and I can launch it without problems.

Did you start the patched file from within the same folder where the original one is located, i.e. the subfolder "Includes/js" is there?
    Can you start the original file without getting scripting errors?

Btw, a path to the sqlite driver is not needed. Only the path to the library.db as you did already.
    Yep - started patched file in the original folder - "includes" folder is there with a "js" subfolder containing "balloon.js"

Yes I get the same scripting error running the unpatched hta file.

Maybe my copy of ACC 3.4 is not good?

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by usbethjim; 2018-01-07 at 14:57. Reason: added log file

Yep - started patched file in the original folder - "includes" folder is there with a "js" subfolder containing "balloon.js"

Yes I get the same scripting error running the unpatched hta file.

Maybe my copy of ACC 3.4 is not good?

Jim
    Unfortunately I don't know why you're getting scripting errors while starting the .hta file.
    But from your log file it seems that the script is executed anyway after you clicked the button. So what you can try is clearing all the settings that ACC is storing in Windows Registry before running ACC again. Do you feel comfortable enough in editing a key in Windows Registry? If not, I can provide you a script that automates it. If yes follow these steps:
    - start regedit.exe
    - from the hierarchical nodes on the left side of the regedit window navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACC
    - while the ACC node is selected press F2 to rename it e.g. to ACC.old
    - close regedit

Now run the patched .hta again and try creating the catalog. Hopefully it is able to connect to the database file then and perform some actions on it. We should see some more entries in the log file at least...