Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Announce: Spicefly SugarCube Version 2.03 – (Automatic MusicIP DJ) for 7.x

>[20:50:11.2754] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1942) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::statusQuery]: [Can't locate object method "isRemote" via package "Plugins:ynamicPlayList::ProtocolHandler" at P:/Music/SlimServer/trunk/server/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 698.
    >
    >(I don't think I was getting any error before loading the latest SugarCube, but I'll check this by reverting back to previous version)
    >

Reverting to SugarCube 1.8.4 fixed the errors, so I guess it's not compatible :-(

Phil

I think it would therefore be safe to assume that Dynamic Playlist functionality doesnt work
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

>I think it would therefore be safe to assume that Dynamic Playlist
    >functionality doesnt work
    >

Dynamic Playlist is working fine on its own, and with SugarCube 1.8.4.

I could take a look at Dynamic Playlist and SugarCube 2.03 code in combination to see where the issue lies, but don't know where to start. Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    Probably... but I dont guarantee it, nobody has reported it doesnt work but then I dont know how many people use this functionality. I think that Erland isnt maintaining Dynamic playlist anymore?? If so, this functionality may drop out depending on demand.
    I'd like to now if people using the Dynamic Playlist integration uses the same SugarCube features as those using SugarCube without Dynamic Playlist.

Anyone using Dynamic Playlist, do you use any feature in SugarCube besides the default settings ? which ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post
    >I think it would therefore be safe to assume that Dynamic Playlist
    >functionality doesnt work
    >

Dynamic Playlist is working fine on its own, and with SugarCube 1.8.4.

I could take a look at Dynamic Playlist and SugarCube 2.03 code in combination to see where the issue lies, but don't know where to start. Any pointers?
    Dynamic Playlist uses two functions in its integration:
    - getDynamicPlayLists
    - getNextDynamicPlayListTracks

So these are probably a good place to start. I think the wiki documentation of what they are supposed to do should be fairly correct:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...laylist_plugin
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

>Anyone using Dynamic Playlist, do you use any feature in SugarCube
    >besides the default settings ? which ?

Not really.

I would choose a particular filter, and would perhaps select different recipies from time to time.

>Dynamic Playlist uses two functions in its integration:
    >- getDynamicPlayLists
    >- getNextDynamicPlayListTracks
    >
    >So these are probably a good place to start. I think the wiki
    >documentation of what they are supposed to do should be fairly correct:
    >http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...laylist_plugin
    >

Thanks. If I can find some spare time, I'll have a look at it.

I assume that DynamicPlaylist itself is correct, as that is working on its own and with the older version of SugarCube, so it's where these methods are implemented in the new version of SugarCube that I need to look. However, the error message referred to isRemote within DynamicPlaylist::ProtocolHandler.

Phil

I assume that DynamicPlaylist itself is correct, as that is working on its own and with the older version of SugarCube, so it's where these methods are implemented in the new version of SugarCube that I need to look. However, the error message referred to isRemote within DynamicPlaylist::ProtocolHandler.
    Based on the error, it sounds like the new implementation of getNextDynamicPlayListTracks doesn't return valid Slim::Schema::Track objects.

>Anyone using Dynamic Playlist, do you use any feature in SugarCube
    >besides the default settings ? which ?

Not really.

I would choose a particular filter, and would perhaps select different recipies from time to time.
    The reason I ask is that it has felt like the Dynamic Playlist integration is pretty different from the other SugarCube usage so it might even be easier to maintain it if it was a separate plugin. It won't work if you use all the SugarCube features, as that would mean duplicating a lot of code.

However, if you are just looking for a way to select which recipe or filter to use, a separate plugin might not be a bad idea.

>The reason I ask is that it has felt like the Dynamic Playlist
    >integration is pretty different from the other SugarCube usage so it
    >might even be easier to maintain it if it was a separate plugin. It
    >won't work if you use all the SugarCube features, as that would mean
    >duplicating a lot of code.
    >
    >However, if you are just looking for a way to select which recipe or
    >filter to use, a separate plugin might not be a bad idea.
    >

My main reason for using DynamicPlaylist is to wrap SugarCube such that it can be played as an alarm clock music source. I configure SugarCube to use a certain filter. It picks a random starting track, and then wanders off from that in the morning.

I would like a way to configure the initial seed (I think once upon a time I could select and queue a single song in the evening, so it used that as the starting song, but I think it hasn't used that for a long time and uses a new arbitrary starting track when the alarm fires). I was playing with ideas like starting an alarm initially to play a single random song from a defined playlist of good wake-up songs, and then a second alarm fire a few seconds later to play SugarCube, using the current playing song as a seed.

I think I'm making a bit of progress. Updating to 7.5/trunk tonight and using SugarCube 2.03, I'm not getting as many errors. I figured that there was an issue with the dynamic SQL that sugarcube was building up - it has in it a hard-coded database name when identifying tables, eg. "slimserver.albums". My own MySQL instance has a different database name (as I have various versions running in parallel - various beta ones), so I just removed the database name.

I can see that within getNextDynamicPlayListTracks, it is selecting a track to play, and returns a valid track:

[23:34:46.4357] Plugins::SugarCube::Plugin::getNextDynamicPlayList Tracks (1357) returning to Dynamic Playlist file:///M:/Music/Phil%27s%20Music/Rock/Badly%20Drawn%20Boy/About%20a%20Boy/16%20-%20Donna%20and%20Blitzen.mp3

However, nothing actually plays, so maybe the format that this is being returned in is wrong.