Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Helloooo?!!!!

Where is cparker?! This simply is NOT working and if this is the kind of support I'm going to receive for a product I've paid good money for, then I demand a refund! At least show the courtesy of responding to our questions!

Quote Originally Posted by mick_w View Post
    Just found out the licensing has changed....

I installed SugarCube just before Christmas and found out I had to pay a fee to get the version that works with 7.7, OK I thought, no problem, so I donated and got v.3.51 working.

Noticed I was being prompted to upgrade to a new version, excellent I thought! only to find out I now have to pay another £10 per year to to get v.4.25 to work or hack around with the linux command line to reinstall v.3.51.

Not very happy at all with this, I understand developers want some reward for their effort, but having to pay twice in 6 months is just too much...
    I'm in the ame situation (donated, plgin upgraded out of my control, spent time to research the web, have to pay again, can't get hold of cparker - exact same issue as for trackstat months ago).
    I re-installed the basic musicIP pluging. I'm giving up on those 3rg party plug-ins. 3.51 was good enough for me, I don't need all these valueless features in the latest versions. As I wrote elsewhere, removing all these greatly improve the stability of LMS.

Not happy...

Yeah, in my view £10 a year is way too expensive for a LMS plugin (obviously other users might have a different opinion).

I personally feel ripped off; I had 5 months of use for my £10 donation before the plugin updated itself and demanded yet a further payment...

Hi guys,

Last time I checked it wasnt illegal to have a holiday.

In terms of licensing, its straight forward, if you donated previously you can use versions up to 3.51.

On the change to the new licensing model, I decided the following, rather than force everybody to pay again;
    For donations > £10 got 1yr license to use the latest versions ie. above 3.51
    For donations > £20 get lifetime to use the latest versions ie. above 3.51

You can evaluate one-time SCube for 30 days before making any purchase decision, as detailed on the Spicefly Licensing page.

If you donated before you just need to contact me with your license details as detailed on the Spicefly Licensing page.

End of the day if you dont like the licensing terms then dont use SCube. Learn Perl and write you own plugin.

I wont reply to any further discussions on licensing..

If you have a support issue come back to me. I helped out someone already this week with a track selection issue which eventually turned out to be using a filter that was limited to just a few tracks of their library. SCube doesnt have a fetish for Aretha Franklin, so please check the settings carefully;
    http://www.spicefly.com/spicefly-sug...eshooting.html

What does the SugarCube history page show?

Cheers
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Around the time of the new licensing, Sugarcube became unusable for me, to the point where I completely uninstalled it for several months. Yeah, the timing was unfortunate... here we are being asked to pay and the performance goes down the tubes. I posted in the Spicefly forums but never really had time to do any troubleshooting. I think it was related to Trackstat integration. With 4.25, I saw there was work on the Trackstat integration and decided to try again. It has been working well since then. Still a bit of a bog down at track changes, but not to the point that it was unusable, like before. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to cparker for continuing to work on it, and to let others know in case you had troubles before.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    End of the day if you dont like the licensing terms then dont use SCube. Learn Perl and write you own plugin.

I wont reply to any further discussions on licensing..

Cheers
    Fair enough, I've vented my spleen and feel a little better.... I hope the enterprise goes well for you, but personally I won't be sending you any more money.
    Last edited by mick_w; 2012-06-07 at 23:15.

Hope you feel better for it...

Morbeas' issue has been taken offline, the installation is based on a QNAP NAS so should be an interesting challenge to fix...

Thanks for reading have a good weekend
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Morbeas' issue has been taken offline, the installation is based on a QNAP NAS so should be an interesting challenge to fix...

My installation is also based on a QNAP NAS, so it makes 2 machines with some kind of weird behavior.

Errr, what? My installation is on a Win 7 x64 PC. I've never even owned a QNAP NAS. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeas View Post
    Errr, what? My installation is on a Win 7 x64 PC. I've never even owned a QNAP NAS. Are you confusing me with someone else?
    Probably, so many aliases ! :s

Think the QNAP issue is bottomed out. Under heavy stress the CPU does not have enough spare to run the SQLite db calls. The default SQLite calls have a timeout of 30secs so its pretty strange that they are not able to complete in that time, but I guess if its under heavy load maybe it doesnt. I'll being adding a setting to increase the timeout up to 2mins and see if that helps.

Morbeas if you setup is not working please create a new thread on the spicefly support forums, I'll pick it up and see what can be done.

Cheers