Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Spicefly sugarcube not generating playlist

Hi,
    I recently added Spicefly sugarcube to the active plugins in order to test it but it doesn't generate playlist.
    I'm using LMS 8.0.0 - 1603273434
    I've got MusicIp working well on this server.
    When I click on AutoMix it puts one track in the playlist and plays this track only.
    When I go to Sugarcube Live view the current playing track is showed as "Coming Up Next", there is nothing in "Currently playing"
    Thanks for help
    LMS 7.9.x
    on Linux Mageia 6 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE, 1 chromecast audio
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Stop Spicefly SugarCube adding tracks

Everything is in the title: how do I stop Spicefly SugarCube adding tracks to the playlist ? I disabled sugarcube in the player but it continues adding tracks.
    Thanks !
    LMS 7.9.x

Two reasons I can think of..

1) You have SugarCube selected as the provider in Don't Stop the Music plugin
    2) The player is in a sync group but isn't the master player, so the changes you are making won't apply. In this case there is a warning displayed in the standard LMS web interface with a message which advises the master player, e.g; #### Warning Kitchen is a slave in sync group, make changes at Bathroom ####
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    Two reasons I can think of..
    1) You have SugarCube selected as the provider in Don't Stop the Music plugin
    indeed, that was it. I did not know this option. Thank you very much !
    LMS 7.9.x

Hi Charles, I've been looking at Sugarcube history and noticed that there are two versions 5.24 & 5.25 from April 2021. Following the links only results in an xml display - i.e. no link. Is there a problem with the repository?

Thank you
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Hi Charles, I've been looking at Sugarcube history and noticed that there are two versions 5.24 & 5.25 from April 2021. Following the links only results in an xml display - i.e. no link. Is there a problem with the repository?

Thank you
    Hi Bob,

Yes and No, the current version doesn't track the bleeding edge release. Although I run it locally and use it pretty much every day, I leave it a few months of no reported issues before moving the latest.xml forward.

You can copy any link on the Version page and paste it into LMS plugin repositories to grab whichever version you want, or if manually update; the XML file shows the zip file location which you can download, extract and replace all the files.

That said, I didn't realise that the install.xml was still on 5.22 so I'll move that forward, thanks for the prompt!

Cheers
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    Hi Bob,

Yes and No, the current version doesn't track the bleeding edge release. Although I run it locally and use it pretty much every day, I leave it a few months of no reported issues before moving the latest.xml forward.

You can copy any link on the Version page and paste it into LMS plugin repositories to grab whichever version you want, or if manually update; the XML file shows the zip file location which you can download, extract and replace all the files.

That said, I didn't realise that the install.xml was still on 5.22 so I'll move that forward, thanks for the prompt!

Cheers
    Thanks Charles, 5.25 up and running. I doubt it will happen but if I find any problems I'll report back.

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Spicefly mixes don't seem to cross 24/16 bit boundary

Hi Folks.

Lately I have been using spicefly sugarcube again after many years off (v5.25). Everything works great except for one nagging issue.

It seems that once a mix is started with a FLAC file which is 24-bit, the mix only selects 24-bit files going forward. So far I haven't seen a deviation from this, nor has any fiddling of mix parameters affected it.

I believe this is true for 16-bit CD rips too, i.e. 24-bit territory is never ventured if the seed track is 16-bit.

I'm running headless MusicIP server on a linux host, should I be running the windows headless instead? So far I have only used windows to do the initial file analysis.

thanks for clues

-bruce.

workaround for 16 & 24 Bit MusicIP Mix

Hello waltonb,

my experiance under Windows 10 and the latest MusicIP Version 1.96Beta6 is that MusicIP mixes diffrent Bit levels, but not very often.

So I had the same immpresion you have.

What I did to avoid it, I converted my 24 Bit or HighRes files to 16Bit / 44,1 kHz and let MusicIP analyze the 16 Bit files. Thereafter, I copied the 16Bit Fingerprint Tag into the HighRes and 24Bit files.

By the way, I do it this way also for my DTS/DD-Wave-ALAC files ;-). Converting to Stereo and put the Fingerprint back into the DTS-WAVE-ALAC file, Otherwise I would never ever have mixes with DTS or DolbyDigital Sound.

This way the mix works much better for me. Since, my HighRes or 24 Bit files ar not to many, it was woth doing it that way.

Greetings

Hardware: Touch,4Radio,2Boom,2 SB3,PiCorePlayer
    Players Software: squeezelite
    Steuerung:Squeeze Comander
    Plugins:"Lesezeichen, Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; MusicInfoSCR; LazySearch 2, JustCovers,PlayHLS;ENM for Dreambox, and more.

LMS 7.9.4 WINDOWS 10 2004 64Bit &MusicIP 1.96Beta6

Hi, thanks for your reply.

My collection has hundreds of 24-bit LP rips I have made over the last several years. not to mention bluray dvd hdtracks etc.
    To recode these to 16/44 would be a daunting task!

All of the files have been analyzed using MusicIP 1.9 on windows10, as my understanding was this would be the only way to obtain the necessary fingerprints at the outset.

So anyway. For now I have fired up the same MusicIP 1.9 on a dedicated windows 10 with a full library and have enabled Spicefly Dynamic path conversion to cooperate with a linux-based LMS.

just got it working.. will see how it goes.

EDIT: wait, I just saw two 24-bit tracks get mixed into a 16-bit queue, nice.

EDIT 2: experimentation seems to indicate that keeping the seed tracks in 16-bit realm allows venture out to 24-bit and back, where 24-bit seeds tend to get more rutted in there.

Anyway I'm happy. next to go setup headless music IP on a windows instance somewhere more stable. thanks for reading

best
    Last edited by waltonb; 2021-07-02 at 08:22.