Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Just to add to what 33squeezebox_Fan mentioned, reading the patents a while back MIP fingerprints by taking the source file and converting it to a wav file before it does it's analysis. Therefore if you have issues they are likely in that conversion step, maybe timeouts, beyond the capabilities of the decompressor etc, so you could try using something like https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm to batch convert to wav, then fingerprint and then copy the fingerprint back into the source file.
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

MusicIP Windows Firewall rule needed

It's all good, everything seems to be working now, I feel better about it.. One more issue I should mention.

Windows 10, installing MusicIP as a service... it works if you are running LMS locally on the same machine.

However if LMS is on another machine you will need to go the windows settings and create a rule to allow packets on the port 10002 to bypass the firewall.

If using the GUI to serve 10002 this is not necessary, but found that moving to headless requires a firewall rule. I did not see this in the instructions so figured I would mention.

best

Sugarcube - Inconsistently Great

After investing a lot of effort over many days, I have a large library fingerprinted, a headless musicIP & LMS working on a Docker/Synolgy NAS and love how musicIP comes up with an amazing sequence. Sugarcube succeeds in taking it a step further but has been very frustrating in consistency. Its simply amazing to see a perfect endless list which can be kept going for 2-3 days. However, without any change in settings, the same seed will lead to a list which has no connection whatsoever to the seed the next time around. It was confusing enough to use 'Sugarcube Auto Mix' in track context starting an unrelated mix. Now it seems to be happening at the end of a single track which fails to become the seed. GUI for headless musicIP shows no problem. Sugarcube Live view shows no communication problem but has a randomly selected set which is related to itself but not the seed. Attempted playing with SC settings for the player without any success. The standard MusicIP app works just fine.

This leads to the second difficulty. There is little information available on the actual meaning of the buttons. I have spent days reading every single page on the Spicefly site. Am I missing a manual right in front of my nose? Simple example - I can't make sense of the drop down menu for Track Ratings and what to expect between Disabled/lowest/highest when I can insert <2 right below it.
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  36.0 KB
    I really don't want to give up on a wonderful way to use music laboriously collected over decades. I'm sure this has been resolved because the last discussions seem to be back in 2012, so I have something wrong going on. This is all I think I have done inside LMS:

• Exported stats from CustomScan to musicIP for ratings. Successful in including unrated songs as rating of 3.
    • Changes in SC Plugin Settings: Enabled TrackStat and 'Christmas' block
    • Changes in Player based SC settings: 'Always blocked artist' changed to 'None', tried back and forth 'Mix by Song/Album', blocked tracks rated < 2
    Last edited by guptaas; 2021-07-29 at 15:34. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by guptaas View Post
    It was confusing enough to use 'Sugarcube Auto Mix' in track context starting an unrelated mix.
    Auto-mix will use the settings you specify under the Player Settings menu, its not related to the playing track. Its a preconfigured fast play something and go method.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 45
Size:  4.0 KB

If you want to use the current playing track as a seed, enable "Dynamic Queuing" under Player Settings menu and it will automatically queue the next track for you but only if you are at the end of the playlist, using the last track in the playlist as the seed, otherwise it will stay quiet.

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 52
Size:  3.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by guptaas View Post
    I can't make sense of the drop down menu for Track Ratings and what to expect between Disabled/lowest/highest when I can insert <2 right below it.
    The ratings used are TrackStat ratings as used across LMS, nothing to do with MusicIP ratings. You need to have installed TrackStat for this to work, they basically sort the results and then pick the track so its a bias tweak.

Not sure if that covers all your queries, feel free to reply here, DM or Email me. SC has obviously had organic growth over the years so I guess has assumed knowledge, I try to lay it out clearly and e.g. ratings are under the section marked TrackStat. But if you are new to LMS/MusicIP it can be confusing, so happy to help and add further information to my website, if any knowledge gaps just let me know.

btw the latest thread is here for v5, but people like the v2.03 thread for some reason, keyword search magic I guess
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Google-Traffic
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    Auto-mix will use the settings you specify under the Player Settings menu, its not related to the playing track. Its a preconfigured fast play something and go method.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 45
Size:  4.0 KB

If you want to use the current playing track as a seed, enable "Dynamic Queuing" under Player Settings menu and it will automatically queue the next track for you but only if you are at the end of the playlist, using the last track in the playlist as the seed, otherwise it will stay quiet.

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 52
Size:  3.6 KB

The ratings used are TrackStat ratings as used across LMS, nothing to do with MusicIP ratings. You need to have installed TrackStat for this to work, they basically sort the results and then pick the track so its a bias tweak.

Not sure if that covers all your queries, feel free to reply here, DM or Email me. SC has obviously had organic growth over the years so I guess has assumed knowledge, I try to lay it out clearly and e.g. ratings are under the section marked TrackStat. But if you are new to LMS/MusicIP it can be confusing, so happy to help and add further information to my website, if any knowledge gaps just let me know.

btw the latest thread is here for v5, but people like the v2.03 thread for some reason, keyword search magic I guess
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Google-Traffic
    Thank you very much for making things a bit clearer. I can’t wait to use this tool to rediscover neglected tracks. Will post to the correct thread with further queries.