Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Ubuntu Startup, Squeezecenter start before Network manager

On reboot I lost all my music library.
    If i rescan, nothing appened. Music library is on a network drive that i have mounted.(smbfs)

I think network manager of ubuntu start after SQUEEZESERVER. As a result , music is not found.
    As a fix, i change network link for the playlist and then rescan is effective.

PC is runnning ubuntu 9.04 and slimserver 7.4.2

I've take a look at runlevel and it seems like network manager start after Squeezecenter.

How can i relauch or launch squeezecenter later and see if it fix the issues

try:
    sudo service squeezeboxserver restart

(hope I have the syntax correct!).

Works Great How to automate on start

Thanks!! works great after a restart of the server, find back last scanned data. How can i set this to be done after boot automaticaly or change boot order of the linux to try to start SQUEEZEBOXSERVER after Network manager.

I'm new to linux but i have some google skills

Where can we request that change in SQUEEZEBOXSERVER to Boot after network manager (if it make sense)

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    try:
    sudo service squeezeboxserver restart

(hope I have the syntax correct!).
    Perfect Syntak!
    Works after restart, I've tried to change boot order using update-rc.d,still not working at boot.

I i can figure out how to automate restart of the squeezeboxserver service at boot I'll be more than happy

Ubuntu Startup,Squeezecenter start before Network manager

letueurdarbres wrote:
    > I i can figure out how to automate restart of the squeezeboxserver
    > service at boot I'll be more than happy

That is controlled by the contents of /etc/init.d/
    If there is an executable script in that directory, it gets started when
    the system is. See Debian documentation for details.

--
    Pat Farrell
    http://www.pfarrell.com/

I've started having the same issue with Ubuntu 9.10 & 7.4.1.

It used to be fine, but now I need to re-start squeezeboxserver manually to get it to pick up the music folder. Once I do that, it's all good.

Also, I notice that the Ubuntu boot is taking a bit longer than it used to, don't know if this is related??

As a noobie to ubuntu, I'm not sure where to begin with this one....so any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

If it's not already included in Ubuntu 9.10 (I'm still using 8.10 and 9.04), install BUM (Boot Up Manager) via the Synaptic utility. It has a nice graphical interface for managing the order in which services are started at boot time. Make sure that SbS is started after the network drive is mounted.

BUM is essentially a user-friendly interface to the /etc/init.d/ settings that pfarrell mentioned earlier.

The order in which services are started depends on the links from /etc/rc2.d back to /etc/init.d. Thy are stated in lexivographic order, so /etc/rc2.d/S40networking will be started before /etc/rc2.d/S99squeezeboxserver.