Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

What Happened to the BBC World Service?

Can someone at Logitech fix the BBC World Service outlet on the Squeezebox radio. For the past few days, the link plays a BBC recording that repeats every few seconds that "this is the BBC. There are no services on the channel at present". I can still hear the World Service on the internet via my computer. Can someone fix this problem? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aclaster View Post
    Can someone at Logitech fix the BBC World Service outlet on the Squeezebox radio. For the past few days, the link plays a BBC recording that repeats every few seconds that "this is the BBC. There are no services on the channel at present". I can still hear the World Service on the internet via my computer. Can someone fix this problem? Many thanks!
    Me too but I added a link to my favourites and it works perfectly now. See this page for the various links available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/in...ilelinks.shtml

Thanks--I found a new link for the BBC World Service

Thanks to the two individuals who provided advice on how to regain access to the BBC World Service. The first URL did not work, but I found another URL on the BBC webpage that worked great as a favorite. You made my day!

It is annoying. The URL in the BBC app doesn't work, but I can tune the World Service in other ways.