Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy Fedora 12 problem

I have a working SqueezeCenter version (7.3.2) on a Fedora 8 machine.

I have been trying to get a working SqueezeCenter server on a new Fedora 12 machine with no luck. I have thus far tried version 7.4.1-1 (the latest) and also 7.3.2 with the same results.

Basically, I can't stream the Music Library. The files show up on the Squeezebox but when I hit play, the Squeezebox just displays the song with no audio out. I can however use Pandora.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Squeezeserver on fedora 12 + Amahi

Hi I have fedora 12 and squeezeserver 7.41 working using Amahi home server it runs over f12, you should check it at amahi dot org.

Fedora 12

Hi:
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was looking at Amahi but I really need to load this onto a standard clean install of Fedora 12. I do some development and don't want to worry about other application conflicts. I was going to try Amahi on a VM prior to building it into my server.

If anyone else has experience on Fedora 12 or may know what is going on, please send a reply. I have two boot disks on the same machine accessing another disk which contains the music library. If i boot on Fedora 8, everything works. If I boot on Fedora 12, everything works except for playing the music library.

Thanks!

I have Squeezeboxserver 7.4.x running under Fedora 12 with no problems whatsoever.

If this is a fresh, standard install I would recommend turning off the Linux firewall and disabling SELinux. Also, are you sure you have all the necessary packages installed for streaming/playing audio? I'm sorry, I don't have an exact list, but I'm thinking of things like sox, flac, lame, I think there might be a quicktime library, etc. I don't necessarily think the install of Squeezeboxserver will fail if these packages aren't installed.

You should take a look at the log files (/var/log/squeezebox I think) to see if there are any error / warning messages. You may need to turn up the debugging level.

Smile Fixed at last

Hello All:
    I shut down SELinux and everything is now working!
    I had SELinux in permissive mode. For some odd reason, it noted that a Perl script in the lsimserver dir was being blocked and noted that being in the permissive mode it was allowing the action. Well, I guess, it wasn't. Shutting down SELinux solved the problem. I've upgraded the Fedora 12 install to the latest RPM and everything is just great.

When I get some free time, I am going to try to decipher the SELinux issue. I had it in permissive mode on my working Fedora 8 + slimserver install.

Thanks everyone for your help!