Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink Keep your alarm clock

Quote Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
    I cringe to think what would happen if I let a couple of months go by plugged in without rebooting the radio, as the time would likely be off by 10 minutes or more, which is wholly unacceptable for a device I use to get me up in the morning.
    Gotta love a product who's clock will say 8:00 AM, while the alarm that says 6:00 AM on the same screen starts ringing! I'd like to meet the idiot that designed it with the time kept on the local box, and the alarm set to the time zone of a remote server!

Even once you get the time zone fixed, don't rely on it to wake you up every day. Most days it will, just not all of them! I seem to remember experiments in college Psychology that drove rats nuts...

I posted elsewhere that a solution is to duct-tape a cheap alarm clock to the top of the SB Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by davenva View Post
    I seem to remember experiments in college Psychology that drove rats nuts...
    Never saw it this way
    At least we see some checkins this week to address this problem so it might make sense to switch to 7.4.x soon.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Alarm clock issues...new ones!

> At least we see some checkins this week to address this problem so it
    > might make sense to switch to 7.4.x soon.

Alarm bugs are top of the priority list right now. Please keep your systems up to date (7.4.2 nightlies) if you want to test the latest improvements.

--

Michael

Why hasn't the following alarm bug beeing marked as "radioAlarmsCritical"? Does it mean that we have to wait sometime longer for a solution?

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14742

Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    Why hasn't the following alarm bug beeing marked as "radioAlarmsCritical"? Does it mean that we have to wait sometime longer for a solution?

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14742
    It doesn't matter what the priority is. That's up to Slim to determine, not you the impacted user.

The important thing is that the target milestone for that bug is still in the 7.4.x branch of software.

I'm sure about 1 week after they fix this someone opens up the following bug report;

"when headphones are plugged in Alarm sounds through speaker, when it should sound through headphones".