Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serge777
    • Jan 2023

Originally posted by garym

you should private message mherger . just click on his name to send a PM.
    tnks

Comment

• siuposlav
      • Feb 2023

Hello!
      Here is my first post
      I got a Squeezebox boom.
      Same problem with Squeezebox linked to an old forgotten account.
      RESET MAC adres
      Who will help me​

I can't send a new message to mherger :/

Comment

• kidstypike
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by siuposlav
        Hello!
        Here is my first post
        I got a Squeezebox boom.
        Same problem with Squeezebox linked to an old forgotten account.
        RESET MAC adres
        Who will help me​

I can't send a new message to mherger :/
        You need to make 5 posts to PM mherger but this post may get his attention.
        Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
        Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
        Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
        Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• siuposlav
          • Feb 2023

Originally posted by kidstypike

You need to make 5 posts to PM mherger but this post may get his attention.
          Thank you so much kidtypike - sure i will have to SPAM but maybe I can reset the previous @ owner on my Boom

Comment

• siuposlav
            • Feb 2023

whether it is not possible to delete the previous address yourself in the settings ?

Comment

• Paul Webster
              • Apr 2005

Not on a Boom ... because the information is held at mysqueezebox.com based on the device MAC address.
              On a Touch/Radio/Controller you can do it from the device because it has different software.
              Paul Webster
              Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
              and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• siuposlav
                • Feb 2023

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                Not on a Boom ... because the information is held at mysqueezebox.com based on the device MAC address.
                On a Touch/Radio/Controller you can do it from the device because it has different software.
                I understand that only a reset from the administrative side is possible?

Comment

• Paul Webster
                  • Apr 2005

Yes - and the only mysqueezebox administrator on this forum is mherger
                  Paul Webster
                  Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                  and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• siuposlav
                    • Feb 2023

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                    Yes - and the only mysqueezebox administrator on this forum is mherger

And do you know if a new MAC address is being broadcast or the @ assigned to this address is being reset

Comment

• Paul Webster
                      • Apr 2005

The MAC address refers to a hardware parameter in the network layer.
                      Think of it as a serial number.
                      The firmware in your Boom reads it and tells mysqueezebox what it is.
                      It is supposed to be unique in the world (not just the world of Squeezeboxes).

The reality is slightly different but that is a discussion for elsewhere.
                      You cannot change it on Squeezebox Boom.
                      Paul Webster

Comment

• garym
                        • May 2008

You should now have permission to "private message" mherger. Find a post of his, click on his name to private message. Tell him the MAC number from the Boom (should be on back or bottom of the unit) and tell him the email associated with YOUR mysqueezebox.com account. He can switch the Boom to your account.
                        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                        Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                        The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                        Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• ibjeepin
                          • Feb 2023

Got a new / old boom, I just cant stop using all the lime devices from my transporter to my touches to mu duet, to the radio's and alas the second boom. Now finding out you can easily change the account on this sucker like the radio's i recently got.

Guess I have to post a few time to PM mherger

Comment

• ibjeepin
                            • Feb 2023

I wish they had put a battery in the Boom like they did the radio. Maybe ill have to hack a Lipo into its shell.

Comment

• pawel7678
                              • Mar 2023

Originally posted by mherger
                              Changing mysqueezebox.com accounton the squeezebox

> Basically it comes down to changing the MAC address to some other unique
                              > value (that is not a duplicate with yet another player somewhere).

Wrong approach. How do you know it's unique? You're asking for trouble.
                              Don't do this.

Please reset your MAC address and PM it to me. I can take care of
                              de-registering it.

--

Michael
                              Hi Michael, I just got a 2nd hand Squeezebox Classic and it is still registered to the previous user.

How do I PM you with the MAC address so you can log it out? I do not see the PM options in my account...

Comment

• Redrum
                                • Oct 2009

pawel7678 you need 3 posts, log out of the forum, then back in. Just post here "2nd post", etc....

Jim

Comment

Working...