Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Probably better to PM the details to mherger and remove them from the post.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    The previous owner must unregister it in his account first .

If you can not get to the previous owner you could email support they would help you, just note players Mac address they will need that.

Same boat here, just got a nice looking boom (I think it has some front panel button issues) off ebay, seller said he doesn't have original owner info to de-register.

I don't see anyone describing if or how they succeeded, only where people are PMing mherger.... I might be too ignorant but I don't even see how to PM on this platform. Is anyone having success getting devices de-registered - if so, what method(s) are successful?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Same boat here, just got a nice looking boom (I think it has some front panel button issues) off ebay, seller said he doesn't have original owner info to de-register.

I don't see anyone describing if or how they succeeded, only where people are PMing mherger.... I might be too ignorant but I don't even see how to PM on this platform. Is anyone having success getting devices de-registered - if so, what method(s) are successful?

Thanks...
    Find a post by mherger and click his name.

Name:  mherger.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  18.5 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.1 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0b6 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

But you might need to post a bit more to have PMs opened.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    But you might need to post a bit more to have PMs opened.

Yes, I think you are correct sir. I assume it was my perpetual lurker status that kept me from being able to PM. But I think "someone from behind the scenes" took care of that for me - Thanks to all!

Rise from your grave - help / advice needed

sorry to resurrect this old thread but hoping someone can help.

I recently sold my Slimdevices Logitech Squeezebox Classic v3 Wireless Network Player. The new owner contacted me to request I log out of 'music player' on mysqueezebox.com. Unfortunately the account he showed me is the previous owner before me and the email address is no longer valid. I tried to email them and got an undeliverable message.

Is there anything that can be done. The new owner seems to 'think' that Logitech will not help (not sure if true - have seen mixed messages about this on the web?).

I have done a bit of research and came across this thread which suggested maybe there was an answer?

Doing my best to help the new owner so any advice/help would be greatly appreciated

Changing mysqueezebox.com accounton the squeezebox

> Is there anything that can be done. The new owner seems to 'think' that
    > Logitech will not help (not sure if true - have seen mixed messages
    > about this on the web?).

Please PM me the player's MAC address.

--

Michael

I've just bought a used Radio, and expected to have to pm Michael Herger to get its MAC released from the old MySB credentials, if the seller had not remembered to do so. I've done this a few times before.

I was thus surprised - and pleased - to see a message during set-up that said (something like) "This device is registered to xxx.xxx@something.com. If you would like to re-register it to another account, please enter the account email and password". And that worked fine for adding this new (old) radio to my existing devices list.

Is that a new feature, that the previous owner does not have to de-register, or Michael H. intervene?
    LMS 8.0.1 (1606118512)
    Win10
    Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
    a) Sagem Livebox
    Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
    3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)
    1 x Riva Arena (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)

b) Freebox
    External SSD (all mp3), WiFi Laptop
    1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    2 x SB Radios, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)

Quote Originally Posted by agbagb View Post

Is that a new feature, that the previous owner does not have to de-register, or Michael H. intervene?
    No, this has always been available for the Radio and the Touch players. It's the older players (e.g., SB3, Boom, Transporter) that require the prior owner to remove from account or Michael to intervene. It certainly does make life easier.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.0>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.0>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Well, well, well - never knew that...... I'd thought the last used Radio I bought, I'd had to contact Michael H - but I must be mis-remembering.
    LMS 8.0.1 (1606118512)
    Win10
    Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
    a) Sagem Livebox
    Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
    3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)
    1 x Riva Arena (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)

b) Freebox
    External SSD (all mp3), WiFi Laptop
    1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    2 x SB Radios, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)