Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejh130 View Post
    I am trying to realease my trusty old slim devices v3 from a previous owner's account, as I am passing it on to someone else. When I joined this forum a week ago I was able to pm mherger and he got back to me straight away, (as reported on this forum, very helpful). However the old account is still on the player so I need to contct him again but my pm's seem to be locked; this will now be my 3rd post so a bit confused as to why I still cannot pm.
    How do you try to pm and what error message do you get?

Francis
    2 x Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Dell XPS 8930
    Synology DS214-Play
    Vintage Audio : Quad 405 and 606, JBL Studio Monitors 4412A & 4408A, B&W DM6

Changing mysqueezebox.com accounton the squeezebox

> I am trying to realease my trusty old slim devices v3 from a previous
    > owner's account, as I am passing it on to someone else. When I joined
    > this forum a week ago I was able to pm mherger and he got back to me
    > straight away, (as reported on this forum, very helpful). However the
    > old account is still on the player so I need to contct him again but my
    > pm's seem to be locked; this will now be my 3rd post so a bit confused
    > as to why I still cannot pm.

I did receive your PM, just didn't respond until a few minutes agao as I
    was out for a day :-)

--

Michael

Squeezebox Radio locked to invalid email address

I inherited a squeezebox radio from my father. He registered the unit with a now defunct email address. I have two units and always wondered why one is acting differently than the other. Now one of my local radio feeds stopped working and all of my google searches have led me here. I realize now that I will need to PM mherger for assistance. Thanks for keeping these wonderful units alive and functional.

Squeezebox Radio locked to invalid email address - 2nd post

I can't believe I waited years to fix this.

Or call Logitech support with player MAC and old account email.

As far as I know it's possible to attach the Radio to a new Mysqueezebox account without involving anyone at Logitech. Factory reset?

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    As far as I know it's possible to attach the Radio to a new Mysqueezebox account without involving anyone at Logitech. Factory reset?
    Pretty sure factory reset does not reset Mysqueezebox account. After all the link between the MAC address and email address is stored on the website. A factory reset only allows to enter the email address on the device, but you still get the error that it is registered to the old account.
    Also not sure if Logitech support even remembers what a squeezebox is.
    Luckily we still have MHerger active on this forum.

Francis
    2 x Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Dell XPS 8930
    Synology DS214-Play
    Vintage Audio : Quad 405 and 606, JBL Studio Monitors 4412A & 4408A, B&W DM6

Quote Originally Posted by B1tbull View Post
    Pretty sure factory reset does not reset Mysqueezebox account. After all the link between the MAC address and email address is stored on the website. A factory reset only allows to enter the email address on the device, but you still get the error that it is registered to the old account.
    Also not sure if Logitech support even remembers what a squeezebox is.
    Luckily we still have MHerger active on this forum.

Francis
    My understanding is that with a SB1, SB2, SB3, SBClassic, Boom, Duet Receiver, or Transporter, one can't change the mysqueezebox account designation without having the former owner REMOVE the device from their mysqueezebox.com account, or have @mherger or someone at Logitech remove the device from the old mysqueezebox.com account.

However, I think the newer devices, the RADIO and the TOUCH can be connected to a different mysqueezebox.com account by the current user by simply doing a factory reset, then entering your own mysqueezebox.com account credentials in the new setup post-reset.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I think we had a report a few months (a year .... or maybe 2 years ... where does the time go) that for Radio and Touch a reset and then subsequent connection to mysqueezenetwork does reset the device relationship.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Just purchased a used transporter & liking it a lot but still registered to old owner - looks like 2 posts until I can PM mherger to get this fixed..