Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

BBC radio no longer working via MySB.com ?

Hello

My Boom MySB.com BBC radio presets have suddenly stopped working.

Can I still get access to BBC via MySB.com or has the plug finally been pulled ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    Hello

My Boom MySB.com BBC radio presets have suddenly stopped working.

Can I still get access to BBC via MySB.com or has the plug finally been pulled ?
    This is probably the Tune-in issues from about 4 weeks ago - BBC will not let Tune-in relay BBC radio.

Use the Logitech BBC Radio App or save the BBC radio URLs as Favorites / Preset

Thanks

I tried searching for the BBC stations via "Radio" option in Boom menu to save as new Boom button presets, but couldn't find then (R1,2,3,4,6 etc.)....
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Ok, found them now and saved to faves. Playing on my S9+ phone via MySB.com and SBPlayer. Will change presets on both my Booms tomorrow !

Is the audio quality of these streams similar to the previous presets which disappeared ?

Is the plug likely to pulled soon on accessing BBC via MySB.com at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    Is the audio quality of these streams similar to the previous presets which disappeared ?
    Quality is the same UK/Non-UK as there is only one set of MP3 URLs.
    What was probably deleted was a Tune-in playlist which goes to BBC URLS after Tune-in did their own processing.
    IIRC BBC didn't like Amazon via Tune-in monitoring users - so Tunein only affect UK users.

Is the plug likely to pulled soon on accessing BBC via MySB.com at all ?
    Don't know.
    BBC have their own motives.
    They have indicated they want to drop MP3 streams many times. BBC will provide access to radio streams - the problem will be whether they provide the access as MP3 streams as BBC would prefer to retire them.