Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com

I'm running SB server 7.4.1 under Windows 7. I'm seeing this error (and similar) in various places both in SB server and on my controller:

Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com"

Looks like SB server is having some DNS lookup issues. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I can ping www.mysqueezebox.com directly from Windows, so that can't be the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Question Workaround

Here is an alternative to try :

aboelee answered in

How to connect to Mysqueezebox.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found a work around that works for me. Go to settings > advanced > networking >remote libraries > add new library and choose 089.202.121.131. This is the IP address for mysqueezebox.com. Now you can select this address from My Music and it will bring you to mysqueezebox. I hope this helps you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

It works for me

Quote Originally Posted by B1tbull View Post
    Here is an alternative to try :

aboelee answered in

How to connect to Mysqueezebox.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found a work around that works for me. Go to settings > advanced > networking >remote libraries > add new library and choose 089.202.121.131. This is the IP address for mysqueezebox.com. Now you can select this address from My Music and it will bring you to mysqueezebox. I hope this helps you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

It works for me
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have described my problem a little better. I don't have any problem accessing mysqueezebox.com from the Duet - this works fine. The problem I have is when I am connected to SB Server on the Duet and am playing my library. If I attempt to access any internet content, the controller tells me I need to switch to mysqueezebox.com. The problem seems to be that SB Server cannot resolve various URLs which means that:

a) I cannot register my mysqueezebox.com account on the SB Server, either through the control panel or through the web UI. When I attempt this, I get "Invalid mysqueezebox.com username or password." and the SB server log file identifies the following problem:

"[09-12-05 10:07:41.1320] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (447) Unable to login to SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com"

b) I cannot register any 3rd party plugins on SB Server. The following errors appear at the top of the Plugins tab:

Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/logitech.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com

Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/plugins/other.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com

Bad repository http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/p...repository.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com

c) I cannot register my last.fm account under SB Server and therefore cannot scrobble any of my music played through SB Server. When I attempt to register my account in SB Server I get

There was an error verifying your account with Last.fm. Please try again later. (Couldn't resolve IP address for: post.audioscrobbler.com)

and the log file shows:

[09-12-05 10:16:54.9673] Slim::Plugin::AudioScrobbler::Plugin::_handshakeEr ror (361) Error handshaking with Last.fm: Couldn't resolve IP address for: post.audioscrobbler.com

Clearly SB Server is having problems with DNS lookup. I have tested this using another PC running the same version of SB Server on the same wireless network, but under Windows Vista rather than Windows 7. So the problem is either with SB Server running under Windfows 7 or some other setup on my Windows 7 machine.

Cool Please check this in mysqueezbox.com forum

Thanks for the clarifications.

SBS does seem to have DNS problems in some configurations, although I never experienced it myself.

Please check "Cannot set account info after upgrade to 7.4.1" thread in that other forum - seems the same issue but on XP this time.
    Did you exclude any possible firewall issue on the PC SBS is running on - is ping, nslookup and squeezeplay all OK finding mysqueezebox.com ?

B1tbull,

your questions would be valid,
    just mentioned issue usualy disapears sfter the full system reboot.
    and this is wired.
    ================================================== ============
    Duet: 2 Controllers + 4 Receivers; 1 Touch and happy Family !
    Intel Atom 330 Linux Server --> wired Ethernet to 1Gb Switch --> Router --> DSL --> net...

Hi,

I've just incurred in the same problem and I have also find this post that agrees with AndrE that a server reboot should fix this.

There was an error verifying your account with Last.fm. Please try again later. (Couldn't resolve IP address for: post.audioscrobbler.com)
    Is there another way to solve DNS issue?

giopas

ps: I am on a Squeeze Box Radio

Hello,

I also got domain names resolver problems.

I got this solved by changing my DNS server entry.

Please see my other post here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...54&postcount=5

I hope this helps

Best Regards

Budjer

Smile Win7 DNS resolve issue fixed

I found on my machine if I set the LMS service startup setting to Automatic (Delayed Start) that it game the system more time to get IP settings from the router.