Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Smile New Router

I'm located in the Netherlands and as end of last year I installed a new router (Netgear WNDR3700) to replace my old router (USRobotics 5461) and a new Squeezeboxworld opened to me!!!!!

It's stable, it's now a completely new experience to me to be able to listen to music on my Qnap TS-439 Pro and on the internet, without any connection problems which I experienced with my previous router.

I gave every Squeezebox appliance a fixed IP-address in the router software and since it's playing without a flaw!

In the past I used to, mostly, curse on Logitech for connection problems with MySqueezebox.com and my Qnap/iTunes library.

The message here is:
    make sure you have the right tools before pointing the finger at Logitech.

Happy new year...mine started off all right!

Ferti.
    Last edited by Fertilizer; 2010-01-05 at 11:31.
    Qnap TS-439 Turbo, 4 x 1TB, Raid5
    Squeezebox Duet, Boom & Radio LTE

And now, after failure to connect to msb.com for several days (29 dec - 4 jan) my Duet is magically reconnecting to msb.com again. Let's see for how long. I will be happy when I spend more time listening to the Duet than I spend troubleshooting it.

Cheers,
    Mats

Device: Duet, SB3/Classic
    Network: D-link router (yes, this too sometimes fails, but certainly not responsible for all Squeeze outages).

Cool Double Checking is good advise

But the point is that many of us spend endless hours troubleshooting a problem that Logitech owned and is still owning.
    At least I would have expected some notice on mysqueezebox.com about "possible connectivity issues for some regions"...
    I guess Logitech is NOT reading this forum or learning from the Support center calls.