Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Angry Can Not connect to Mysqueezebox.com ( Duet ) - Again Dec 6

msb.com = Mysqueezebox.com

Have been running release 7.4.1 for a couple of weeks now on Duet.
    Today , out of the blue, the controller could not connect to msb.com.
    Trying a couple of options I was presented a screen to enter my msb.com registration ( account + password ). This is where I probably mistyped the password. Done full reset of both receiver and controller, but was never asked to enter msb.com registration information.
    This is a major issue for me as 90 % of my duet usage is over msb.com directly ( not connected to the PC Squeezebox server ).
    I know what is wrong - the msb.com registration info in the controller - and it shows in diagnostic info, but can not find a way to enter and correct msb.com email + password on the Duet controller.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Francis
    Last edited by B1tbull; 2009-12-06 at 02:41. Reason: second weekend in a row - MySB.com can not connect

QA Puppy -flame retardant jrichardson's Avatar

Exclamation Contact Support

You will need to contact support, to have them reset your MySB.com registration data.

Tell support that your controller needs to be 'reassigned' to your valid MySB.com account.

If support is clueless, sent me a PM
    James R.
    QA - breaking things so you don't have to

Thumbs up Thanks for the advise

but if you can help me out with this I would appreciate.
    What do you mean by PM ( just a simple european....)

PS. It got worse : the controller is now looping into the option trying to connect to MySB.com.

Regards

Francis

Connection problem toMysqueezebox with my Duet after the 7.4.1 upgrade

Hi, I'm living in Finland and today, after the upgrade I can't connect to mysqueezebox with my Duet....furthermore, my Duet controller doesn't recognize my Boom at all...also, the controller doesn't remember my Duet receiver's name anymore...so, something's clearly wrong after the 7.4.1. upgrade...please help...

Quote Originally Posted by B1tbull View Post
    .......What do you mean by PM .....
    Private Message. Just click on his name and select "send a private message"

Angry 5 hours later - and ready to trash a duet

Thanks for the PM explanation.

Here are the results of my failures to get Duet talking to MSB.com again :

- reset half a dozen times both SBC and SBR to factory settings
    - was prompted just once on the SBC( apparently when running SC on the PC ) to enter MSB.com email account and password.
    - SBC and SBR was registered correctly as showed in diagnostics info on SBC and MSB.com web site under players
    - still NO CONNECTION after that successful registration

Now completely stuck : will not connect to MSB.com after another factory reset and will not prompt for MSB.com email account and password.
    Was ready to downgrade to 7.3.3, but Wiki post advised strongly against this.

Quite sure there is a bug somewhere since my trusted SB3, also upgraded to the latest firmware ( 130 ) when connected to SC, is talking to and playing from MSB.com without a glitch.

Any insights much appreciated.

Unhappy Final Findings - 11.15 pm

More and more convinced this is a MSB.com backend and/or 7.4.1 software issue.
    Removed 7.4.1 SC on Dell PC , re-installed from scratch ( deleted all settings with a third party uninstaller ) and installed Squeezeplay Beta ( the software version of SC ).

This software setup behaves EXACTLY as the SBC hardware : connecting to MSB.com times out saying it can not connect. No way to register since never prompted for email account + password.
    Squeezeplay also has a test option "SN registration" and "SN Player reset" which both fail while connecting to MSB.com.

PS. My home network and router are OK since my other SB3 is playing from MSB.com.

Good night.

Mysqueezebox problem

Hi, I have the same problem with the connection of my Duet controller. Does someone sort out this issue? regards

Same here

Same problem here... :-(

Getting very hacked off with this to be honest.

I used to enjoy the 'trying to get my various squeezeboxes to work' hobby -= now i dont have the time for it - i would just prefer it to work....

Any senior bods care to lend a hand or look into it...?

Sheriff

Have the same problem here since yesterday afternoon. I ran 7.4 since it was made public and no problems. I reset the Duet controller to factory defaults tree times without luck. Also re-entered the mysb.com credentials in my sbserver at the local network. Nothing works.

The strange thing that happens is that when I switch to mysb.com the controller tells me it can't be done, but the receiver switches to it. And I can control via mysb.com the music! So the receiver is talking to mysb.com, but the controller can't.

Also a strange thing is that on the diagnostic screen at the controller the mysqueezebox.com registration sometimes say's "registered" and most of the times it is empty.

I don't get it, I didn't changed anything on my SB setup. As I use mysb.com 90% of the time for Internet radio this really isn't cool