Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by kdf View Post
    On 2010-02-26, at 10:11 PM, erland wrote:
    >>
    >>

> Me too, the reproducing part is the biggest obstacle to confirm bugs at
    > the moment.

so now you know why I feel nothing has really changed.
    Would be interesting to know the main reason for the "canconfirm" system (maybe it has already been said earlier in the thread):

If it's just to get rid of bugs that doesn't contain enough/correct information or clearly is support issues, reproducing it shouldn't be required to confirm.

If it's to make sure only bugs that can be reproduced are seen by Logitech resources, the reproducing part is an important step before you confirm a bug.

If Logitech are looking mainly for point 2, we will end up in a situation with less bugs registered by the community, because they feel it's pointless when they don't always get confirmed. But less bugs registered is still better than no bugs registered.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

How should unconfirmed bugs where the problem is solved without any correction be handled ?

For example this one:
    https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15655

I'm allowed to change status to NEW or ASSIGNED but I really just want to close it as an invalid bug. Is this something I don't have permission to do or do I need to set it to NEW before it can be closed ?

Directly closing bug is prevented by the bug workflow. Bugzilla can be configured to allow only specific from->to state transitions.

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/editworkflow.cgi

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    I can close it off, but the original filer should also be able to do so. Is that not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by kdf View Post
    I can close it off, but the original filer should also be able to do so. Is that not the case?
    It might be, but shouldn't people with "canconfirm" right also be able to do it ?

It doesn't feel right to leave this responsibility to the original poster of the bug, who in many cases probably aren't used to working with bugzilla.