Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't connect to Library after switch to new Wifi Router

Hi,

I've looked through the Forums but can't find a solution. I've phone Logitech support and they also couldn't help - I've supposedly been 'escalated' and am waiting for a callback but in the meanwhile if anyone can help...

I have a Duet and two Squeezebox3 players (Firmware 130)

Squeezebox Server Version: 7.4.1 - r28947

All was working fine until I recently changed ISP and received a new Wireless router so that my SSID (network name) changed.

Router is a D-Link DIR-615 Firmware Version : 1.00VG

The Squeezeboxes had no problem connecting to the new network - I simply told them the new SSID name, gave them the new password and they're working just fine.

The DUET is the problem - the controller appears to be connected to the receiver just fine (in 'Choose Player' it shows the name of my receiver, as well as the names of the two Squeezebox3 players)
    and going to Settings>Networking>Choose Network it connects to the new SSID/password and shows it is connected to the new wireless network:

Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics displays the following

Controller firmware version 7.4.1 r7915

Wireless network - connected (100% signal)

My squeezebox.com 89.202.121.131

Ping OK

TCP port 3483 OK

TCP port 9000 OK

My squeezebox.com registration - registered

Squeezebox server - not connected

Library name - not connected

and all other below show as 'not connected'

----------------------------

* it tells me it's connected to the new Wifi network but it doesn't show up as a player in the Squeezebox Server web interface. The problem seems to be connecting to both the Library and squeezebox.com

If I go to My Music on the home page of the controller it tries to connect to 'MP3s' (the name I'd given to my Library) but then shows the following error message:

"Can't Connect to Library"

"We couldn't connect to MP3s. If this problem persists, please check Squeezebox Server to make sure it is running properly, and that you have a reliable network connection"
    -----------------------------

Even if I try switching to mysqueezebox.com I get a similar error

--- Error: "Can't Connect to Library"

"We couldn't connect to mysqueezebox.com. If this problem persists, please check Squeezebox Server to make sure it is running properly, and that you have a reliable network connection"

-----------------------------

The fact that it can't connect to mysqueezebox.com (although Diagnostic shows squeezebox.com's IP address and Ping OK) seems to imply that the problem isn't with the Squeezebox Server... especially as the two Squeezebox3 players work fine.

I've obviously tried resetting the receiver and controller (turned off and on, holding the front button until it flashes red. I've also stopped/started the Server, rebooted the PC, etc.

Anybody got any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that somehow the new Wireless router is assigning new IP addresses to the various devices on the network but I just don't know what to do about that or how to check my theory...

Or maybe the IP address of my Library has changed? Am I correct in assuming that in Advanced>Networking>Remote Libraries>Add New Library the IP address I should enter here is the same as the Squeezebox Server's IP Address? (I've tried that and it doesn't connect)

Any help much appreciated!
    Last edited by baroquedub; 2009-11-07 at 10:46.

have you done a factory reset on the receiver? I think it's holding down the button on the front for at least 10 seconds for that.

You'll have to enter its configuration again through the Controller and it's possible you may have to factory reset the Controller again as well to get it into setup mode. I can't remember for certain because it's been ages since I last had to do this.

First thing to try is to login to your router. Most routers have a login interface on 192.168.1.1 or something similar (192.168.0.1).

You can see what IP addresses your Controller and Receiver are being given there.

It was probably not a great idea to change your SSID. The SSID gets saved to both Controller and Receiver and I find it is really clunky to get them synchronized and updated - usually involves lots of resetting. It's so much easier to change that on the router.

If you want to move forward with the new SSID, you will need to factory reset the Controller. Turn it off, and then when you turn it on again, hold down the + key. You will have to enter the SSID/security type/password AND your mysqueezebox.com username and password.
    -Gordon

Logitech Media Server 7.9.1 + Windows Server 2016
    Duet/3 Receivers
    Squeezelite-X on all PCs
    Squeezepad on iPads

Also check if the Controller has got an IP address (it may say it is connected to the WLAN, but if you use DHCP, your router may not actually have assigned it an IP address).

My own experience is that it is easier (in the long term) to manually assign static IP addresses to all Squeeze* devices, and abandon DHCP entirely. (Just make sure to select static IPs outside the router's DHCP address pool range; usually x.x.x.100 or above are fine..)
    Regards,
    AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
    1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
    2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
    Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster View Post
    have you done a factory reset on the receiver? I think it's holding down the button on the front for at least 10 seconds for that.

You'll have to enter its configuration again through the Controller and it's possible you may have to factory reset the Controller again as well to get it into setup mode. I can't remember for certain because it's been ages since I last had to do this.
    Factory reset on receiver: press and hold the front button for 10 seconds.

It is interesting: I had the same problem, with same error messages, when my receiver didn't have a strong wireless signal from my router. It showed exactly the same behaviour and the same error messages. It seems though that it is not your problem, because you are reporting very strong signal on the receiver.

The first thing to do is to check your router - accessing of the router has been described in one of the previous posts. Than you will see whether your receiver is connected. But I assume that is also not the problem. What you definitely should also do is to update the software of your new router. It can be done after you connect to the router and then you should be able to find the option for automatic software update. Version 1.00 of your router implies that probably there are some newer software versions. Also, check in the compatibility list of Duet whether your new router is supported anyway ...

Good luck ...

Angry Can't See My Music

I have the same problem, but I do have static addresses. Radio works fine so that iliminates an problems with the router. Mind worked for two days nothing since, no hardware/software changes. I have was advised by Logitech it was an hardware fault, however the new unit does the same thing.. Waiting for an update from their developers

Having finally upgraded to 7.4.1 yesterday (from 7.3.3) I had a similar problem.
    The controller was saying it had WLAN reception, but (according to Settings->Advanced->Diagnostics) it had received no IP address, and when I went into the Network Menu it could find no networks - even if I manually entered the network name and security key.
    Everything was working fine on the web interface on my computer so the problem was restricted to my controller.

In the end, I used the Settings->Advance->Restore Factory Settings option on the controller. After it restarted I selected the wireless network and entered the security key and everything was then o.k.
    ~~~~ System Info ~~~~
    Squeezebox Receiver Firmware: 77
    Squeezebox Radio Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
    iPod Touch Gen3 v5.1.1, iPeng v2.0
    iPhone 6 iPeng v2.0.17
    QNAP 209 pro II
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.5 - 1416570306 @ Thu Nov 27 08:36:03 UTC 2014
    Operating system: Linux - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv5tel-linux
    Perl Version: 5.10.0 - armv5tel-linux-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    BBC iPlayer (v1.4.7)
    BBC iPlayer Extras (v1.9.3)

Back up and running

My thanks to everyone who's taken the time to leave advice.

I did as suggested and carried out a factory reset of the controller - which is not something Logitech support had mentioned I should or could do... (they'd only told me how to reset the receiver!)

Now all works fine and back to normal. (thanks gcurrie, you were spot on!)

@gemjack and anyone else experiencing similar problems - keep at it, these forums are a goldmine of information and goodwill. Don't forget to call the official support line too - you might even get a pleasant surprise - in my case they'd escalated my problem to such a degree that I was told they were going to send me a new controller to solve my troubles! Now that's what I call customer service!

Thanks - Fixed it

I tried using the factory reset on the controller and that didn't do it, but holding down the button on the squeezebox itself seemed to fix it.

Didn't think of resetting them so thanks for the posts.