Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: Using a Controller/touch screen phone/PDA with only one hand, which one is that?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm right handed and I use the RIGHT hand

16 50.00%
  • I'm right handed and I use the LEFT hand

7 21.88%
  • I'm left handed and I use the LEFT hand

3 9.38%
  • I'm left handed and I use the RIGHT hand

5 15.63%
  • I use BOTH hands equally

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you use a Controller/Phone/PDA with your left or right hand

When you are right handed, do you use your right hand to operate your phone/PDA one-handedly?

When you are left handed, which hand do you use?

I'm asking because myself, I'm right handed.
    When I use my iPhone/iTouch it's probably 50% one handed and 50% two-handed use. However, I _always_ hold my phone in my left hand so when I use it one-handed, it's actually with the left.

When I use the Controller, it's a bit more split, but I tried to monitor it and it seems I pick it up with the left hand most of the time, but that's probably because I'm used to this from using the phone.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Like you i'm right handed.

When using the pda with 1 hand, i mostly use my tight hand, but occasionally i use left hand.

Re: Do you use a Controller/Phone/PDA with your left or right hand

I'm right handed and always hold my iPhone in my right hand, controlling an application with a touch of my right thumb (which made iPeng a bit hard to use at first till I got used to it). I use the finger of my left hand if I need to type.

MC
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

Very right handed - but have just checked and naturally tend to pick up any of IR, SBC or Iphone with left hand. That said I can comfortably swap,

I suspect this started, as you suggest, from when I used them two handed and one handed use has developed from the holding hand.
    2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * Radio and 1 * Touch
    controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone]
    7.5.4 r32171 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
    http://www.last.fm/user/digimich

I am left handed and always hold my phone/iPod with my right hand. Suppose it's because I prefer tapping with my left hand, and when I use it with only one hand it stays in my right hand.

Controller right hand.

Phone left hand because I use my left ear, have a slight hearing defect in the midrange in my right ear.

I'm right handed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I'm right handed. I use my phone with my left hand.

I think there are two reasons for this. First I keep my phone in my front left pocket, because my wallet goes in my front right. Second when I'm at my desk at home or work, i'll have my right hand on the mouse so the left is free to pick up my phone.

Makes things difficult for some touch functions on my HTC Touch Diamond 2, they are geared up for being right handed.

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
    In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Lefty here.
    When I need to hold the Controller/device and use more fingers than my thumb, I most often hold the device with my right hand.
    I rarely type with the right hand. Swapping the gizmo from one hand to the other is faster.

I'm right handed. I hold my mobile phone, iPod Touch and Controller in my left hand and usually control them one-handed. If controlling with both hands, I hold them in my left hand and type/use controls with my right. If I'm speaking on the phone I hold it with my right hand to my right ear (find it more comfortable).

At home I use my computer mouse with my right hand (right-handed mouse on right-hand side of keyboard), but at work I use my mouse with my left hand (symmetrical mouse on left-hand side of keyboard) due to suffering RSI in my right wrist. I also always carry my bag on my left shoulder and keep my keys in my left front pocket.

That probably makes me sound a bit strange, but I sometimes think I shouldn't be right-handed as I also hold golf clubs left-handed (good job I only play mini-golf ) and I have terrible handwriting.

I notice that the poll is currently split exactly 50-50, so it might be that there's no definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomWolf View Post
    I notice that the poll is currently split exactly 50-50, so it might be that there's no definitive answer.
    Yes. Probably. To add some more confusion: while moving around the office I noted that since I carry my phone in my left, inner jacket pocket I tend to take it out with my right hand while I'm on my way and then I also use it one-handed using the right hand.

Looks like this is an equal-handed task...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch