Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Stuck pixel on Radio

I just noticed a stuck pixel on my new radio

Only one but near the middle; and now that I know it's there... I saw this thread regarding the same issue on the controller. It doesn't look to be very common. At the lower resolution of these screens compared to PC monitors I guess the probability of a defect on a given unit should be pretty low.

I'm certainly not going to open up a returnable unit to try the massage tricks. I picked mine up retail from Best Buy so I don't think I'll have trouble with an exchange. We'll see. The biggest downside in returning it will be going through the terrible setup procedure again (considering I have a local SqueezeServer and shouldn't have to enter anything to autodiscover and associate with it).

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jdoering View Post
    ........ The biggest downside in returning it will be going through the terrible setup procedure again (considering I have a local SqueezeServer and shouldn't have to enter anything to autodiscover and associate with it).

-Jeff
    You don't have to, just connect it to SBS instead of entering your MySB account info onto Radio.
    I can't remember the exact procedure but I think I simply skipped the MySB account setup step, connected to SBS, all was well.