Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Turning off the Receivers

I have recently purchased the Squeezebox Duet plus a 2nd receiver and have set them up to work with the one controller. I can turn the receivers on and off independently from the one controller and it all seems to work fine until I turn off the PC and/or Squeezebox server. At this point, with the server off, both receivers turn on again (blue light) and I cannot then turn them back off?

How do I get them to stay off. I cannot see an on/off option under any menu setting in the Duet controller window (once the server is off).

How do I get them to stay off?

Many thanks

Welcome to the forums. The only way to truly turn the SB Receivers (SBR) off is to unplug them from the outlet. Even when they are "off" they are really in standby mode, so that they will be able to respond when you try to connect via the Controller (SBC) or web interface.

The light turns blue when you turn off your server because it is looking for a server to connect to. There are three ways to get them to stay off:

1. leave your Squeezebox server running. Even though the SBRs are "off", they are still connected to the server and the light won't turn blue.

2. before turning off your server, connect the SBRs to mysqueezebox.com. Thus, they are connected to a server (the SB server "in the cloud") and won't complain with the blue light.

3. unplug the SBRs when you turn off your server (very inconvenient)

Doesn't the SBR autoconnect to mysqueezebox in 7.4.x?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ View Post
    Doesn't the SBR autoconnect to mysqueezebox in 7.4.x?
    No
    Chris

Thank you for explaining this to me

I will try connecting to mysqueezebox.com and see how that goes although I guess I will have to leave the internet connection open for that to work.

I was thinking that by switching them off at night that I would be conserving energy but maybe as they are really in standby mode (and not off)the energy saving is negligible.

many thanks Karl