Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SB radio playing without PC

Hello, I just got a SB radio and am happy with it. Only issue is that it seems only to play when the PC is turned on. I've had a Soundbrige Radio which could play via wifi without PC necessarily being turned on. Does anyone know whether the SB radio can do that also?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by thom123 View Post
    Hello, I just got a SB radio and am happy with it. Only issue is that it seems only to play when the PC is turned on. I've had a Soundbrige Radio which could play via wifi without PC necessarily being turned on. Does anyone know whether the SB radio can do that also?
    That's what 'mysqueezebox.com' is for.

bug...

At the moment, with the Radio, I have many problems connecting to mysqueezebox.com as soon as my PC is switched off. Normally it should connect automatically, but it doesn't.

Sometimes it works when I switch on/off the radio... But not always...

I am using 7.4.1.
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post

At the moment, with the Radio, I have many problems connecting to mysqueezebox.com as soon as my PC is switched off ... I am using 7.4.1.
    You may want to try one of the newer builds.
    4 Squeezebox Radios
    2 Squeezebox Receivers
    1 Squeezebox Boom
    1 Squeezebox Classic
    1 Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro w/ Squeeze Commander
    2 Samsung Galaxy S6s w/ Squeeze Commander
    4 iPads w/ iPeng

You can try getting Radio to the online MySB by:
    - turning off SBS running on your computer, then selecting Internet Radio from the Radio's menu, it will want to connect to SBS again, let it fail and it "should" offer you MySB.com as an option.
    - with SBS running or not, go to Radio's Settings > Advanced > Network > Connect to MySB

This is how it is supposed to work, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    You can try getting Radio to the online MySB by:
    - turning off SBS running on your computer, then selecting Internet Radio from the Radio's menu, it will want to connect to SBS again, let it fail and it "should" offer you MySB.com as an option.
    - with SBS running or not, go to Radio's Settings > Advanced > Network > Connect to MySB

This is how it is supposed to work, YMMV.
    Thx for your answers. Yes, I've done that a couple of times, trying different ways, e.g. when it failed to connect, it was trying again to connect to SBS even if I was choosing another source.

As suggested above, I will try a newer build...
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by snarlydwarf View Post
    That's what 'mysqueezebox.com' is for.
    brilliant, thanks a lot. perhaps I did not read the manual closely enough (or it was missing). thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
    You may want to try one of the newer builds.
    I've installed 7.4.2, everything seemed to work fine. I did a couple of test.

But this morning, once again, the Radio couldn't connect to Mysqueezebox.com. It was stuck trying to connect to the server that was switched off.

JF.

This is exactly what I intend to buy the squeezebox radio for. So I'm monitoring this thread with interest.

My wife will just want to turn the radio on and go without the PC, so I really need this bit of the squeezebox radio to work fluently. On my SB 2 and SB 3 you don't seem to be able to use them without the PC on i.e a connection to the slim server, so I believe this is a unique selling point of the squeezebox radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepie View Post
    This is exactly what I intend to buy the squeezebox radio for. So I'm monitoring this thread with interest.

My wife will just want to turn the radio on and go without the PC, so I really need this bit of the squeezebox radio to work fluently. On my SB 2 and SB 3 you don't seem to be able to use them without the PC on i.e a connection to the slim server, so I believe this is a unique selling point of the squeezebox radio.
    Both the SB2 and the SB3 connect to mysqueezebox.com (formerly squeezenetwork) and have done since the service was created by Slim Devices. They both work without a server on in just the same way as the Radio. What is it particularly that you can't get them to do?
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen