Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I live in San Francisco - Where can I go buy one NOW?

Hi All,

I've had a tough time finding retailers that have the Squeezebox. I'm going to the gym now, and when I get back, I'd love to get in my car and go buy a Squeezebox Radio. Does anyone know where I can get one? If i have to order it, I will... I'd just prefer to go pick this thing up now. Thanks! Looking forward to more posting in this forum!

You could always go down to Mountain View and pick one up will-call from the main office. You will need to make an online order from www.logitechsqueezebox.com.

Since Best Buy doesn't have them anymore, your only option is probably Fry's. There arn't any good electronics stores in SF, you have to go out to the burbs for that stuff. Except maybe Central Computers on Howard.

Yeah I hear ya. Thanks for the recommendation of Central Computers. I just called them up, and they don't have it. Bleh. Well, I have to go to work in San Carlos on Monday so maybe i can just swing down to their HQ on Monday... I want one NOW though! Don't want one badly enough to drive 2 hours round trip for nothing though... maybe worse as I'd hit traffic on the way back.

If you hurry (and call perhaps), and it gets out in today's UPS, you'd probably have it tomorrow.

Yeah - then I need to pay shipping. I'll just go grab it on Monday when I go to San Carlos. I was just hoping maybe some retailer in San Francisco had it...

Quote Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
    Yeah - then I need to pay shipping. I'll just go grab it on Monday when I go to San Carlos. I was just hoping maybe some retailer in San Francisco had it...
    Free UPS Ground...

HURRY!

Haha thanks for the heads up! I ordered it just now, but I'm not hopeful I'll receive it tomorrow! If I get it Monday, at least it saves me a trip to Mountain View!

I'm really excited to set up my network of Squeezebox devices. I'm giong to have a Slingbox Radio in my bedroom and then a slingbox boom or slingbox radio in the living room. Working on building my squeezecenter server!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ View Post
    You could always go down to Mountain View and pick one up will-call from the main office. You will need to make an online order from www.logitechsqueezebox.com.

Since Best Buy doesn't have them anymore, your only option is probably Fry's. There arn't any good electronics stores in SF, you have to go out to the burbs for that stuff. Except maybe Central Computers on Howard.
    Why doesn't best buy carry them? I don't see this in any stores in the Philadelphia area either. It seems like you can ONLY buy it online. What's up with the lack of store distribution?

Even the store where I bought my Duet, only shows these squeezebox products:

http://www.microcenter.com/search/se...ebox&category=

Quote Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
    Haha thanks for the heads up! I ordered it just now, but I'm not hopeful I'll receive it tomorrow! If I get it Monday, at least it saves me a trip to Mountain View!

I'm really excited to set up my network of Squeezebox devices. I'm giong to have a Slingbox Radio in my bedroom and then a slingbox boom or slingbox radio in the living room. Working on building my squeezecenter server!
    When I ordered my radio a couple weeks ago, it was around 2pm, and UPS picked it up around 5pm I think.

If you made today's shipment, and I think you would, then UPS should be able to get it to you tomorrow.

But, yeah, I left the Bay Area 25 yrs ago, and do not miss the traffic at all. (Oakland -> Hayward, 26 miles against traffic and it still took 45minutes... I don't want to think what it's like now.)

But I guess it's time to go home now, off to my 7 mile trip home, which takes me 12 minutes....

Is Best Buy dropping the SB line? They are still in local BB's here, but not much stock. In fact a brand new BB just opened in my town, open for less than a month, and they did have a single boxed Boom and Duet on the shelf. Seems odd they would bother stocking any in a brand new store if they are soon to not carry them.

Of course, as usual, finding where the SB's are located in the store is always a challenge. It took four department heads, 5 minutes on their inventory computer, and a lot of me explaining what they were used for, all to find the lonely two items in boxes on a very lonely shelf.