Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

change mysqueezebox account details how

Ok first impressions its SOOOOO buggy. Not running dhcp in my network so think there is a lot of stuff that hasnt been tested yet !!!

But did get everything working for a few days then it errored trying to get napster artists from my napster library and looking at the diagnostics screen seems to have lost my mysqueezebox account details so it cant login to mysqueezebox.com any more. I cant seem to change these now. Even powering it off and resetting back to factory settings wont alter this.

any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

reset it again

ok so I reset to factory settings AGAIN and it get stucks in connecting to my wireless network. ANOTHER bug here which I noticed when I first got it but only just been annoyed by it again is that when you try to select the password to connect to the wireless network it will sometimes go and try to connect to the network before you have finished putting in the password ie. it goes off to connect when you arent on the blue greater than sign !!! very annoying then you have to wait for it to come back before putting in the rest of the password only seems to happen on this screen.

then it still wouldnt connect to my network just got in a loop saying cant connect to my wireless network.

So I just held the power button for a long while it then switched off and then I started it again and low and behold it then came up with a screen which said the details of mysqueezebox account did I want to select continue or edit account details WIERD so said continue as it seemed to have the right details from somewhere which it had lost after the error and its back on working fine. )

this is the second time it has errored and lost mysqueezebox details but last time I just reset to factory settings and it worked first time after doing that although that is very annoying.

Any one know when the next bug fix software update is? I love the product but software is very buggy.

You can expect frequent FW Updates (almost daily) in the near future, Radio will inform you when a new one is ready.
    My Radio has given a few false negatives: it says it is not connected (WiFi, SBS, MySB) but it actually is connected.
    Editing ones current MySB account info was brought up in Beta testing and I'm not sure where that stands now.
    But I and others feel this is an important feature as many will change their email and/or password as they utilize MySB services for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by farrow View Post
    ok so I reset to factory settings AGAIN and it get stucks in connecting to my wireless network. ANOTHER bug here which I noticed when I first got it but only just been annoyed by it again is that when you try to select the password to connect to the wireless network it will sometimes go and try to connect to the network before you have finished putting in the password ie. it goes off to connect when you arent on the blue greater than sign !!! very annoying then you have to wait for it to come back before putting in the rest of the password only seems to happen on this screen.
    Probably the clicker in the large knob bouncing. It sometimes registers two clicks, which will enter a character AND attempt to submit the password. Yes, it can be frustrating. Entering strings is one of my least favorite aspects of the user interface of the Radio.

then it still wouldnt connect to my network just got in a loop saying cant connect to my wireless network.

So I just held the power button for a long while it then switched off and then I started it again and low and behold it then came up with a screen which said the details of mysqueezebox account did I want to select continue or edit account details WIERD so said continue as it seemed to have the right details from somewhere which it had lost after the error and its back on working fine. )

this is the second time it has errored and lost mysqueezebox details but last time I just reset to factory settings and it worked first time after doing that although that is very annoying.
    As I understand it, the player itself doesn't save your mysqueezebox.com account details. You enter your account (email address) and your password and it _registers_ itself on mysqueezebox.com by using a unique identifier (the network MAC address). So once you've registered you don't have to go through that part of the setup again - the Radio contacts mysqueezbox.com, which sees that it's already registered, shows you the account name and gives you the option to just continue, saving you some grief if you ever have to do a factory reset.

thanks guys your replies are very interesting.

Jim I am with you about the clicker on the data entry but the problem here isnt that it clicks twice the problem is that it goes off to try the wifi when the dial / interface isnt on the blue greater than sign >

Also I agree with about the unique identifier but with my radio it seemed to have lost connection with website when it appeared to be connected to the internet as diagnostics showed a blank username for the mysqueezebox.com entry perhaps something wrong with the api on the website rather than the radio.

guess we will have an update soon havent had one for a while or my device isnt telling me there are any updates.

overall I like the device very much. Its my first squeezebox device, would entertain another one. Think they should bring out a fridge magnet one !!!

cheers

Paul

been ok for a few days

well it had been ok since my last post but now all of a sudden it has lost its connection again to mysqueezebox.com so I cant listen to anything on napster. I guess this time its mysqueezebox.com itself as all the id's seems to be there in the diagnostics.

arghghghgh its really frustrating.