Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Extras?

Extras?

Just got my Squeeebox Radio, and mostly like it. I find the Back button (which one may use a fair bit) too close to the main wheel for comfort, but that's minor.

I was disappointed to find that when connected to Squeezebox Server, there wasn't the same amount of menu control as for my SB2, in particular Extras weren't available.

Is that a fundamental decision, or is it just because the software/firmware is fairly new?

I was particularly hoping to use CDPlayer to get the Radio to play a CD as I moved from room to room. I suppose I could always use the Extra from my SB and synchronise. But there are other extras I would have liked to use, too.

You can get 'Extras' back by adding it to the home menu (use Settings > Home menu). With the new firmware that goes with 7.4.0 a lot of the menu items on the SqueezeOS-based devices (SB Controller, Radio, Touch) are either on the home menu or not available at all. At present the menus on the older devices (SB2, Boom, etc.) are much more customizable, but the devs are working on it. See Bug 14004 to cast your vote for greater customization of the Radio etc and check activity on the bug/enhancement.

Thanks. That works.

It's not exactly a 7.4 software issue, but a current difference between my Squeezebox 2 and the new Squeezebox Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    Thanks. That works.

It's not exactly a 7.4 software issue, but a current difference between my Squeezebox 2 and the new Squeezebox Radio.
    Right. That difference has existed since the SBC was introduced, and the SB Radio (and Touch) have the same menu capabilities as the SBC. However, imho some of the menu differences introduced with 7.4.0, such as on-the-Home-menu-or-nowhere-at-all approach, have magnified the difference. It will be a good day when the SqueezeOS devices have the same menu customization options as the SB2 etc.