Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Alarm Volume

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    85

    Alarm Volume

    The alarm volume never goes above what the most recently used radio volume is. I'm testing this using the Bongo Tech sound as my alarm. Alarms are set to fade in. I have the alarm volume set at 81. If I don't play the radio after setting the alarm, the alarm fades in to around 75. If I play the radio after setting the alarm, the alarm only fades to the volume I set the radio to play at. So if I'm listening to music quietly at night (say volume level 21), the alarm will never get louder than volume level 21. This is a HUGE problem, as it won't wake myself or my wife up at that level. Before I enter a bug, has anyone else seen this behavior?

    Thanks!
    George
    Last edited by gdpeck; 2009-10-18 at 20:35.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surbiton, Surrey, UK
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by gdpeck View Post
    So if I'm listening to music quietly at night (say volume level 21), the alarm will never get louder than volume level 21. This is a HUGE problem, as it won't wake myself or my wife up at that level. Before I enter a bug, has anyone else seen this behavior?
    Yep, I've seen exactly the same thing. My normal behaviour is

    * at night put on random album mix, volume in the 20s
    * set sleep for 60 minutes
    * alarm is set for volume in the 50s, but comes on in the 20s (ie, as you describe)

    I mention that I use sleep in case it's significant.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2
    + 1

    Quote Originally Posted by dsf View Post
    Yep, I've seen exactly the same thing. My normal behaviour is

    * at night put on random album mix, volume in the 20s
    * set sleep for 60 minutes
    * alarm is set for volume in the 50s, but comes on in the 20s (ie, as you describe)

    I mention that I use sleep in case it's significant.
    That's exactly what I do.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by dsf View Post
    Yep, I've seen exactly the same thing. My normal behaviour is

    * at night put on random album mix, volume in the 20s
    * set sleep for 60 minutes
    * alarm is set for volume in the 50s, but comes on in the 20s (ie, as you describe)

    I mention that I use sleep in case it's significant.
    And same here - I didn't wake up on time this morning, oops.
    I'll try without using sleep tonight.
    1x SB3 Classic, 1x SB Radio, 1x SB Boom, 1x Squeezebox 1 (not used atm), Squeezecommander for Android
    Squeezeboxserver 7.7.2 on P4@2.6GHz 3GB RAM, running Vortexbox 2.2 (Fedora16)
    48k library, clear and rescan ~40 min (mem use=high) on ramdisk

    My Music: http://last.fm/user/ghan64

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ghan View Post
    And same here - I didn't wake up on time this morning, oops.
    I'll try without using sleep tonight.
    Sleep doesn't seem to be significant in my case. If you play the radio at all between setting the alarm volume, and the alarm actually firing, the alarm seems to inherit the radio volume settings. This also seems to be the case whether the radio is connected to squeezebox server, or connected to mysqueezebox.com.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    108
    Sounds like another bug to me.
    4 Squeezebox Radios
    2 Squeezebox Receivers
    1 Squeezebox Boom
    1 Squeezebox Classic
    1 Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro w/ Squeeze Commander
    2 Samsung Galaxy S6s w/ Squeeze Commander
    4 iPads w/ iPeng

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gdpeck View Post
    Sleep doesn't seem to be significant in my case. If you play the radio at all between setting the alarm volume, and the alarm actually firing, the alarm seems to inherit the radio volume settings. This also seems to be the case whether the radio is connected to squeezebox server, or connected to mysqueezebox.com.
    I see this with the latest 7.4.1. Bug filed: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14846
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by peterw View Post
    I see this with the latest 7.4.1. Bug filed: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14846
    Thanks! I voted for it. I was going to test with latest and file it, but never had time today. I think you did a better job writing it than I would have anyway.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    274
    Hm, you can set the alarm volume to 50 in the MySqueebox.com web GUI?
    I can set it only to 1..11 !?!?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
    Hm, you can set the alarm volume to 50 in the MySqueebox.com web GUI?
    I can set it only to 1..11 !?!?
    You can set it to 100 in squeezebox server. I don't know what is up with the 1-11 setting in mysb.com. Maybe a nod to spinal tap? I wish it was consistent though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •