Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    There is always the first time for everything. And self-awareness is the first step to a cure

No, really, don't get me wrong. I have a cover embedded in each and every MP3 on my server. I love Moose for it's cover art selector and I definitely think the cover should be displayed in the "now playing" display. Then again, when I'm listening to music in the morning before getting up, the most important thing for me is the time (and date for the few cases when I'm really sleepy and confused ) and the next important thing is the title/artist info, especially when I listen to internet radio or Last.fm.

And I really can't imagine that my request for a usable display of artist/title AND time/date is that of a minority if I assume that the bedside radio scenario is a typical use case.

Besides, the knob is currently not used at all in the NP display. I could imagine it to switch between different display types. E.g. default setting the mixed type I suggested, turn it to the left for a big clock/date display, turn it to the right for a title/artist/covert art display.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
    And I really can't imagine that my request for a usable display of artist/title AND time/date is that of a minority if I assume that the bedside radio scenario is a typical use case.
    I'm sure it's the majority case. You're probably not aware but the Boom had a similar problem when it was being developed. The NP screen saver did not include a clock (a pretty big omission for a device that was marketed as a bedside hifi/clock radio, amongst other things). At least with the Radio the clock was included by default (even if it is too small to read)!

MC
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

Quote Originally Posted by Keymaster View Post
    New FW finally got album art to go full screen in now playing (but it's scaled a touch too big; I'm sure they'll fix that soon enough). I'm from the "the more artwork, the better" school. To that end, I would say that the perfect NP screen for me would be full screen art with all borders and info being hidden until an action is taken. Just like Windows "hide taskbar"

I know it's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I think that would rule...
    Agree with this. I'd just rather see the artwork until I touch the knob or something. The controls should hang around until the screensaver timeout after the last control motion. Perhaps the "artwork only" one is just a "true" screensaver?