Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello artee,

had the same problems with my new transporter some time ago. A Factory AND Xilinx reset solved the problems.

Regards
    Aurumer

Xilinx reset

I've tried a factory reset. What's a Xilinx reset? How do you do it? Do you think I should try it?
    Thanks,
    R
    Last edited by artee; 2009-10-16 at 23:52.

Turn off the transporter (disconnect the power) and turn it on again while pressing 1 on the remote. Release as soon as the display says the transporter is resetting the Xilinx.

Added:
    > Do you think I should try it?

Yes. I don't know where the transporter comes from and with which firmware it was loaded. But there have been updates that required a Xilinx reset. So just try it, it won't harm your transporter.

Teus
    Last edited by Teus de Jong; 2009-10-17 at 03:42.

I agree with the above, trying a Xilinx reset, but excuse me for stating another obvious one - try another interconnect, if you haven't. I don't get exactly what sounds it is making, but a cable with a bad solder joint could sound "scratchy".

Xilinx reset, interconnects

I've tried a Xilinx reset - no change.
    The interconnects are known to be good, and I've also tried various combinations of interconnects/line inputs as part of the initial troubleshooting.
    Have yet to get a response from Logitech support, and spent 15 mins. listening to music on hold (from Australia...).
    Thanks for the suggestions/input. Any others gratefully received. It's frustrating having a new toy that doesn't work.

RMA from Logitech

A quick update - it looks like it was a TP fault - Logitech have given me an RMA to return the device.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Rick

Yep, return it...

Quote Originally Posted by artee View Post
    A quick update - it looks like it was a TP fault - Logitech have given me an RMA to return the device.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Rick
    My first TP would work for a little while, then stutter, etc. The sound was horrible and I assumed that even though it wouldn't play well that the sound while it was playing was indicitve of the TP's sound. I was way off. The replacement was an entirely different sounding device. I'm glad I swapped out and didn't give up.

Good luck.

Howard

Replacement arrived today

Working well, sounds terrific.