Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Home button on Radio unresponsive

I'm very happy with my new red radio, it's beautiful and the sound is amazing, but i'm having issues with the squeezeplay software.

I'd say the Home button should ALWAYS take you directly to the home screen (excepts maybe when in a context menu), but it seems to respond only when i'm only one level away from the home screen (when hitting back would do the trick also).
    What's more, as it didn't respond, i hit the home button a few times more (asking for it, i know) and then it didn't respond to any keypress or scroll action any more, but was still playing music. Then maybe 20 seconds later i get a spontaneous reboot, and to my surprise, when it came back up, a message about recovering from a system error and if it was OK to send diagnostics to Logitech. Well of course!
    Automated bug/crash reports, that's a good step forward i think.
    1x SB3 Classic, 1x SB Radio, 1x SB Boom, 1x Squeezebox 1 (not used atm), Squeezecommander for Android
    Squeezeboxserver 7.7.2 on P4@2.6GHz 3GB RAM, running Vortexbox 2.2 (Fedora16)
    48k library, clear and rescan ~40 min (mem use=high) on ramdisk

My Music: http://last.fm/user/ghan64

It should not be like this. On mine the Home button switches between Home Menu and Now Playing and is quite responsive.
    Is it any better after the Radio's reboot? Any other sluggish buttons?

I also found all buttons prety sluggish compared to Boom. It got worse after some time playing around with stuff. Restarting the Radio did help significantly, but the buttons are still not as responsive as on Boom. Display seems to lag more than the sound.

I've noticed the home button on mine often doesn't do anything. I think it's if I'm deep into menus and I have to click the back button before the home button will work again
    Squeezebox Boom - dining room
    Squeezebox Radio - bedroom
    Squeezeplay on a Joggler - kitchen

Logitech Squeezebox Employee
    In order to rule out any hardware issues, you can go to Settings->Advanced->Factory Test->Button Tests.

You need to twiddle all the buttons and spin the knobs to get out of that menu.
    Caleb Crome
    Sr. Hardware Engineer
    Logitech SMBU (i.e. the Squeezebox people)

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet. -William Gibson

Thanks, the hardware test showed no problem, all keys responded as they should. Also couldn't reproduce the home button problem, even when i'm 2 levels deep in a context menu the 'Home' button took me straight back Home.
    So it must have been some kind of error condition (which has occurred twice within one week).
    If the problem returns, should i file a bug?
    1x SB3 Classic, 1x SB Radio, 1x SB Boom, 1x Squeezebox 1 (not used atm), Squeezecommander for Android

I had this problem too, but couldn't find a stable reproduction path yet.

TheMule!

Logitech Squeezebox Employee
    There is a bug resolved for the upcoming 7.4.1 that fixed the home key not working on a few screen. For instance, it wouldn't work while in Sleep and Alarm menus. This may be the issue that you are seeing.

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14450
    Tom Wadzinski
    Logitech Developer - SqueezePlay

Yes they are the screens I was having trouble with
    Squeezebox Boom - dining room
    Squeezebox Radio - bedroom
    Squeezeplay on a Joggler - kitchen

Right, i'm using the sleep menu a lot, that must have been it.
    Thanks